two

"My lady

"My lady."

You swore that you felt your body being shaken by someone.

Which was weird.

It was a dumb thing to do to someone who was clearly dead. You had imagined yourself landing on your back with your limbs bent in a peculiar manner and you splattered all over the place due to the huge impact from the 9th floor.

But this person...

...It was like they were waking up someone who had only fainted.

Didn't you just die a few seconds ago?

Had you finally reached the afterlife?

Was this heaven?

Was that an angel from heaven trying to wake you up from your slumber instead?

Never had you expected that angels would have such a deep and masculine voice.

"My lady." Your shoulder was tapped gently.

Again.

That masculine voice. It sounded so calm and comforting that it made you never want to wake up.

You wanted to know who this angel was and why he was so desperate to wake you up.

And why was he calling you 'my lady'?

Were you in the medieval times or something?

It was bizarre indeed.

But as much as you were curious about everything that happened to you, you were exhausted and you couldn't open your eyes.

There was this restless feeling building inside of you.

So you didn't bother responding to that very person.

You were tired of everything that had happened to you and felt like this slumber you were in should last forever. You didn't know why, but you felt so cold-- as if your whole body was drenched in water. The wind from your surroundings made it even worse.

So you stayed like that.

Not moving an inch and still enjoying the peace that you were experiencing.

You had been through so much and still you couldn't believe that what had happened to you was real.

Regret was the only emotion that you were feeling at this moment.

If only...

...you had let her be and chose to be selfish with your own feelings.

All of this monstrosity wouldn't have happened.

You slowly fluttered your eyes open and the bright light pierced right into your eyes.