Chapter 7:

The next morning, I woke up to the sound of thunder. I sat up and squinted into the darkness. I turned on the lamp that was on the nightstand to my left.

My feet touched the cold wooden floor. I padded to the restroom.

**********

When I was refreshed, I went downstairs to find Colin and Jev eating.

"Hello dear," Colin greeted MD..

"Good morning Kealiygh," Jev said in his husky voice.

"Morning," I replied sweetly.

"Would you like some tea? Or toast?" Colin asked me.

"No thank you. I don't want to be a bother," I said.

"Rubbish. Here, eat some toast." Colin pushed a plate of toast towards me. Slowly, I took one, and took a bite out of it. It was crunchy, but the butter made it soft and tender.

"So, I took the liberty to dig into the archives. What I found will be a shock to all." Jev looked at me when he said this.

"What is it?" I asked.

He got up and disappeared to another room. He came back moments later holding a brown box. It was the size of a tiny jewelry box.

"Here," Jev said handing me the box. I took it from his grasp and set it on the table. It was light, but easily I could tell something was in the box. I shook it, and it rattled.

I opened it and saw a bunch of documents. Papers, pictures, even a tiny journal.

"Ah, I remember this. Your father left this when he came for a visit. I've forgotten all about it." Colin seemed lost in his mind.

I picked up a picture. It was when Meredith was a little girl. The man with her was holding her. They were laughing. They both looked happy. The way he was holding her.... My father had Meredith on his shoulders. He never did that with me.

Tears wanted to leave my eyes. But I wouldn't allow it. My father had a secret life... More than just an historian. I wiped my eyes and threw it in the box. I'm done.

"Thank you for your hospitality, Mr. Fersworth. But I'll be returning back home." I gathered Tue box into my arms.

Colin looked horrified. "Absolutely not. We need to figure all this out."

"And what is that exactly? I know about Meredith. About his journal. About the Mediocris. Finding out everything else was my father. This is not me."

"Oh, but it is." Colin stood up. "Your father had the journal charmed, you see. He didn't want everyone to know about this. So the charm was a Hinoux. The journal chooses who gets to see the information. And the journal is showing YOU. Not me. Not Jev. You, Ms. Robinson."

I stared at the wall behind him. We might have figured out the Mediocris and Meredith. But there is still the part when Jev and I get shot. Or Jev and Meredith.... Then, why my father was killed. Who killed him. And how it all mixed together. I rubbed the temple of my eye. Why must this be so... Tedious???

"How do we do this? I mean, where do we even start?" Jev asked.

That was a question I was thinking as well.

"Well, how about we-"

I didn't get to hear what Colin was about to say.

The journal took me.

************

I saw my father sitting on his desk.

"Father!" I called out. He didn't hear me. I walked over to him. My hand went through his shoulder. I looked down into his desk.

He was writing a letter. The letter that was written to me. Footsteps sounded from the other side of the door. My father jumped up and grabbed the journal. He opened his drawer and out it in there.

"Only Kealiygh," he whispered.

The door slammed open.

"Ah, Gregory," a man said. He wore a white tuxedo. He had thinning gray hair.

"Michealson," my father replied.

"Let's talk," Michealson said.

Michealson pulled out a pistol.

My father died from a gunshot wound in the head. I was witnessing his death.

"Where is the journal?" He asked.

"Far away from here," my father replied.

"Search," Michealson told the two men behind him. One man grabbed the drawer where my father had hid the journal. Except when the man pulled it open, nothing was in it.

"Not in here," the man said. He had a British accent.

The other man agreed.

"Pity. I came here for you to hand.it over willingly. Hopefully your daughter is more willing." Michealson leveled the gun to my fathers head.

A gun shot sounded. I noticed an exotic tattoo on Michealson's arm. It was black ink that trailed up his arm.

The head was a dragon. It swirled and connected.

Before I could see my fathers body, the vision ended.

***********

I shook my head. No way would I want to see the body. All the visions. Everything that happened. I need to know how it's connected! I saw Colins arm. It was the same tattoo as Michealson. Oh God.

"Colin, what's that?" I pointed to his tattoo.

"It's a..... It's a memory of a horrible past. I hate to think about it."

"Michealson," I whispered.

"What's that?" He asked.

"Michealson," I repeated. Jev gasped. I knew it.

They know him.

**********

Dun! Dun! Dun!!

Sorry if it's slow :/ but that's how I keep the suspense! Next chapter, things start to pick up. Promise!!!!!thanks guys!!! And I need your votes! Okay bye :D