~Chapter 1: Criston Cole's vile mouth and Aemma Velaryon's strong personality~

A shriek left young Aemma's lips as Jacaerys held a small garden snake at her

A shriek left young Aemma's lips as Jacaerys held a small garden snake at her. Jace giggled as she ran to his left.

"Put it down," Aemma laughed as she ran the other way as he came toward her. Jace followed her, the little snake wrapping around his hand as he stretched his hand out towards her. Aemma ran behind Lucerys, squatting to hide behind him. 

The children were supposed to be training. They were supposed to be in the Dragonpit. They managed to sneak away and play children's games and torment little garden snakes.

"No, Aemma," Lucerys shrieked, grabbing Aemma's hands and backing away from Jace. "I do not like snakes, Jace."

"It's only a little one," Jace said as he grinned evilly and stepped close to the two.

Aemma lifted her head at the sound of heavy footsteps and straightened when she noticed Ser Harwin Strong approaching the children. She lightly smacked Jace and pointed to the man as he stood in front of the three. 

Aemma liked Harwin Strong, he was respectful and kind to them. He was more kind to them than the others who lived in Kings landing. She understood that the insults everyone, mainly Queen Alicent and Ser Criston Cole, said to them were true. She understood that she was a bastard born child and that her looks resembled Harwin Strong's, not Leanor Velaryon. She wasn't upset Harwin Strong was her birthfather, Leanor still loved and cared for them as their father.

"Do not torment the poor snake," Harwin chided Jacerys, bending down to take the snake from Jace's hands before gently placing it on the ground and freeing it.

"I wasn't tormenting the snake, I was only trying to scare Aemma," Jace defended. Harwin looked at the children before smiling slightly and shaking his head.

"Your brother was born," he informed softly. Aemma smiled in joy. "Your mother would wish you to meet him." Harwin stood and turned, trusting that the three children were following him. He led them through the castle, leading them to their new brothers room.

The wait for their mother wasn't long, they chose to pass the time by wrestling with each other or playing with their wooden horses. Harwin watched them contently, only intervening when the children got too rough with each other. Aemma chose to sit next to Harwin, reading him stories from a children's book that  her mother read to her when she was small. When the doors opened, Harwin stood and Aemma closed her book.

"Mother," Jace said, standing from where he was playing with Luc on the floor. "Look." Aemma stood from the cushion she was sitting on and followed Jace to the warmer where they placed the egg they chose for their new brother. Jace lifted the cover and revealed the black egg they had chosen.

"We chose an egg for the baby," Aemma said, looking up at her mother and smiling.

"Ah," their mother sighed in satisfaction. "That looks like the perfect one." Harwin held his arm out and helped guide their mother to the cushion they were previously sitting upon.