CHAPTER 40: LOOK WHAT LA DRAGGED IN.

LOVE'S POV.

I have to say my work does get me to a lot of places and I absolutely love and adore my boss. Last week I was in Milan representing my boss in a new joint venture we're scheduled to begin and the one before that I was in Turkey for the launch of a new spa and treatment center and the one before that I was overseeing the renovation of one of the fashion houses Bella owns and its always something else. I could only dream about this kind of life but Bella Black my best friend and boss made my dreams come true. On top of that, I get to work with Luke Sabbat the most eligible Trainor in Amsterdam and Bella's business partner. He's fun, charming, diligent and honestly the most kind and opinionated person I have ever known. He makes working seem so natural and exciting that every day I wake up, I can't wait to head to the office. We became close over the years because of Bella and after I lost my mom and dad in a car accident, he was so supportive and hands on that we grew close and now we're besties. My life is so great and I couldn't ask for more or so I thought.

Among everything Bella has the blessing of having there is one thing she has that I can't get to; Xavier Santorini. Ever since I met him, something stirred but I can't have him because he has eyes for only one woman and that's Bella. He never takes his gaze from her and you could say she's like the candy he desires most. He speaks about her with so much adoration, passion and zeal and works tirelessly to get her the best of everything because that's how much he loves her. I knew it ever since the day I met him but that did not stop me from falling head over heels for the man. He's my breath of fresh air, my crush, a sight for sore eyes and the most generous and gifted person and those are the traits I like about him. Xavier is the type of guy to show and step up for the people he cares about and he doesn't back down from fighting for the truth. I would be so honored if I got to experience and enjoy his love but I settled long time ago. In my mind, he's the one that got away.

Just like he feels about Bella.

To settle your curiosity, all this is stemming from the fact that we just landed in LAX ten minutes ago and am currently headed to my designated vehicle, destination; Xavier Santorini's house. A few days ago, Bella called Luke and me from Madrid and laid out very specific instructions. Luke was to arrange everything for his departure to Madrid to join her in a fashion show for Balmain, a club attendance and a gala for a friend of hers who just so happens to be crime syndicate boss but legitimately he's the owner of a very prestigious chain of hotels and cruises all over Europe, America and Asia. She then asked me fly to LA and take care of things there, especially the new deal with the Rossi's who I came to learn earlier on they are her marital family, plan her reveal and make sure her house and grandparents' property are well cared for. She also asked that I collect all of Kayla's assignments and projects. The fact that Xavier isn't handling all of this did strike me as odd but I didn't dare question her. She also asked me to just inform Xavier of my plans in LA and ask if I could stay at his while she was away because her house and plants were being fumigated and she never allows anybody in her grandparents' house not even Xavier. I could have stayed at a hotel but she thought it best I stay with a familiar person since I have never been here and she didn't want me to feel lonely. I did call Xavier and he didn't seem to have an issue and he was actually kinda excited but am guessing Bella not asking herself did make him sad.

 I did call Xavier and he didn't seem to have an issue and he was actually kinda excited but am guessing Bella not asking herself did make him sad