baring children; tate langdon

baring children; fluff
warnings: mentions of pregnancy
song: so damn into you by vlad holiday
——————

You emerged from the bathroom and made your way towards the bed where Tate laid with his eyes shut but not sleeping. You approached the "sleeping" Tate and crawled into bed with him. He groaned loudly as he wrapped his arms around your body, pulling you close to him.

"Morning already?" He asked in a groggy voice, his eyes landing on you as he softly stroked your soft hair. You had something important to tell him but you were afraid of how he would react to hearing the news. The way things were between the two of you couldn't get any better, and you wanted to keep it that way.

"Tate-" You murmured, your voice weak from crying. He had this concerned look as he noticed that something wasn't right. He stopped petting your hair and his hand left the top of your head. "Were you crying? What happened did someone hurt you?" You just shook your head. Both of you sat up in the bed and he waited patiently to hear what was troubling you.

Your heart raced in your chest as you fiddled nervously with your fingers. Every precaution was put in place to prevent this from happening, he's stated numerous times how he didn't want any kids, he wanted the genes he possessed to end with him, and yet here we are. "Don't be mad." You started.

Every second that you second-guessed your ability to tell him he got more and more impatient. Starting a conversation with the words 'don't be mad' was never the recipe for good news. You look him in the eyes, he could see the worry in your beautiful eyes. You reached down into your coat pocket and pulled out the test.

He looked at you before looking down at the test. The two bright blue lines stuck out to him immediately. "Does this mean you're going to be the mother of my child?" He asked. Your eyes glistened as water rushed into them. "That's exactly what that means." You forced a nervous smile on your face.

"But we used protection every time-" "Yeah, well something didn't work apparently." Tears streamed down your cheeks, you couldn't tell if it was the hormones or not. "Hey, (y/n), don't cry." He spoke in a soft voice as he wiped away your tears with his sleeve. His arms wrapped around you and pulled your body closer to his.

He attempted to comfort you the only way he knew how. "It will all work out, I'll be right by your side through it all." His fingers intertwined with yours as he softly kiss your nose. "Don't worry, I won't leave you." He gave you a cute reassuring smile. His smile made your lips curve upwards. "Promise?" "Promise."

You wrapped your arms around his waist as you pushed him back onto the bed. You liked the feeling of your head on his chest. The faint pounding of a non-existing heart filled my ears. The coldness of his skin brought me comfort. Everything about him was perfect.

"You're adorable." He said, leaning down to give you a peck on your forehead. "I love you." He uttered as his hand messed with your hair. "Love you too Tate." You've been up all night trying to figure out how to break the news to him so sleeping was out of the picture.

But now he accepted the fact that everything would work out for the better. And with that reassurance, you could finally get the well night's rest you needed. You snuggled into his shirt and shortly after ended up drifting into a deep night's sleep.