First: Me

So... my name is Hortênsia, as you already know, but it's not how I would introduce myself to you some time ago, I didn't like my name and introduced myself as Kate!...

...Until the day my grandma showed me the story of how my parents ended up together.

_

I came from a Latin family, I'm a gymnast, only daughter and live with my maternal grandparents, and this is when the story goes to a sad place, I'm an orphan, my parents died when I was five years old from a car crash, I really don't remember anything from that time, just the love they both had for each other and the unique way that they called me Hortêeeenciaaaaa with a little singsong to it.

It was a saturday like any other, I had just walk though the door to a sight that always made me smile, even if I had the worst day at training, my grandma Luisa and aunties Cintia and Fabiola in the kitchen making just the most delicious food for our lunch that day, and from the smell I could tell that it would be lasagna, one of my favorites grandma's recipes and almost a tradition.
I entered the room with my backpack and throw it on the corner to hug the men of the family, uncle Jon and grandpa Davi, that were watching soccer and yelling to the players on the screen, grandpa was the most peaceful soul in the earth but when it came to the soccer topic it made him crazy, as I turned to say hi and hug the women in the kitchen aunt Fabiola, the youngest and single woman was already coming towards me, I love it when she comes to visit us, they are the best and happiest of the weekends, I hugged her and as already aspected, she said "Kate, how are you getting more and more beautiful, dear, you are growing so fast!" and like the last four times she came, I answered the same thing with the same smile in face "I think you're shrinking dear, I've been at this height for quite some time!", she smiles back at me as grandma says a bit more reprehensible already hugging me "Hortênsia! Where is your manners little girl?" (She is the only one that call me my real name) as if I didn't have 22 years, I gave her a toothfull smile and leaning to place a kiss in her forehead, auntie Cintia came to embrace me in the most warm hug asking me how it was the training day as she turned around and back again giving me plates to place them in the table for lunch.

I toke my bag to my bedroom organizing everything coming back to the kitchen table to join everyone to eat that delicious meal.
As the day went by we were at the living room eating ice cream and chatting about the old days and the childhood that my aunties and my mom had in that house, when my grandpa grabbed old photo books from the closet in their bedroom to us to see.
Were the most beautiful photos in numerous places and people that I couldn't recognize. The time went by looking the books, remembering stories and one of the photo books catch my attention, it was a mini one, with a painted garden with pink, purple and blue flowers in the cover, when I toke it to look though it grandma Luisa gave a strange look to grandpa Davi and when I opened it I understood why.

*Note: I loved to write this one I don't no when I'll update but I hope soon!