THE FÜHRER'S DAUGHTER (Episode 3 of 5) Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

REVOLUTION.

It was a word vaguely familiar, and used only in a negative light throughout her studies. Now, she questioned everything she'd learned. For her entire life, the Nazis were the righteous and benevolent saviors of the world. Aryans around the planet had fought to make a wholesome world for all good people to inhabit, and the only way the word "revolution" was applied, was to immoral, subversive insurgents who wished to pollute the land with their perverted ways, their mentally enslaving superstitious religions, and their lies about the party.

Though so many unreconciled thoughts floated through her mind, things were beginning to coagulate. But the one thing she couldn't reconcile was the fact that she was safe here in a concentration camp, about to embark again, while hundreds of other innocent people out there were marching to their deaths, without dignity or hope.

It had to be difficult for Bruckner, facing this on a daily basis.

"There's not a lot of time," Jack said to Grace. "We have to prepare you for the next leg of our journey. Are you ready?"

"How old are you, anyway?" she said.

"Twenty, why?"

Grace smiled curtly. "Never mind. I'm ready."

"Good. Now let's get to work, starting first with that hair of yours."

"My hair?"

"Have you looked in a mirror recently?" Jack took her by the arm and led her further into the cabin and into a room with a chair and a sink, where a young woman wearing an SS guard uniform greeted her.

"This is Corporal Birgit Ackerman."

She and Grace exchanged non-verbal greetings.

"When she's done with you," Jack said to Grace, "You'll walk out of here Yvonne Koehler, a high-ranking official scheduled to visit tomorrow. Only, Koehler will be intercepted, and shuttled off as a prisoner to a base operated by the Alliance. You'll be taking her place."

Grace gave Jack an incredulous look. "This is insane."

With a towel and a case full of scissors and cosmetics, Ackerman stepped forward.

 "It's okay, Grace," Jack said. "She's with us, you can trust her." He closed the door behind him.

Ackerman led her to the chair where she leaned Grace back to wash her hair. Soon after that, Grace relaxed her shoulders as Ackerman threw a hairdresser's cape over her. She took a deep breath and looked in the mirror watching Ackerman start her work.

She began cutting off significant locks of Grace's hair.

"Is all this necessary?" Grace asked.

"Only if you want to make it out alive."