Chapter 4

Keshi

I was pumped up for the day.

Today, I was officially starting my vacation and I was going to make every minute count.

After breakfast, I dressed in a white loose-fitting t-shirt, and blue tights, all ready to leave my cottage. Except I didn’t know how to get to my destination.

With a solid plan to solve that, I made my way to the resort to find a staff that would direct me to Gedi Ruins.

I was almost at the main entrance when I spotted Kim walking out. He was in casual wear today, which made him look so much younger than the early thirties estimate I had made yesterday.

“Hi!” I said when I met him. “Glad I saw you. I need your help.”

He smiled. “What can I do for you?”

“I don’t know how to get to Gedi ruins, I was hoping you could point me in that direction.”

“People usually get there using the hotel vans or an auto rickshaw. But vans are always reserved for the guests who signed up for tours or those who pay to use them.”

“I’ll take the tuk-tuk,” I quickly said, remembering the van’s prices I saw on the website. I had already drained my savings paying for this vacation, I couldn’t afford the hotel vehicle. “Thank you.” I pivoted around and walked away from the resort.

I’d barely made it off the driveway when I heard someone calling me. My eyes darted around, finding the source of the voice.

“Keshi.” It was Kim. He was standing in front of a white Nissan caravan beckoning me. “Today is your lucky day.” He said when I approached.

“How so?”

“I get to drive you to your destination for free.” He gestured at the van.

My brows pulled in a frown. “Aren’t you going to get in trouble for giving me a lift? And weren’t you a concierge yesterday?”

He smiled. “The driver wasn’t available and I’m the next best thing. And I won’t get in any trouble, the guests using this van said you could tag along.”

I lifted my gaze and looked past the open doors of the van. I almost choked on my saliva when my gaze collided with the familiar dark eyes.

Pool guy or should it be, laughing guy. Pool guy sounded much better.

He was occupying the seat just behind the driver’s and his gaze was unmoving on me.

“Hop in. We are heading to Gedi Ruins.” He said in his rolling baritone that made my throat close up.

I swallowed hard.

Christ. Why did I have to run into him every time? And why was he inviting me to the van when I’d been so rude to him yesterday?

“I think I’ll take the tuk-tuk,” I said, taking a step back. I didn’t want to impose. These guys had paid a lot of money to use this van and I couldn’t just ride for free.

“There are only three of us.” His friend who was sitting behind him with his gorgeous girlfriend said, “There is plenty of room for more.”