Marie and her Humanity

It was a though day. Even for someone like me, who doesn't show her weakness to the world. But... I am human too, right? So I cry. I scream.

I sit. I pout. I think. I sob.

I feel too, just like all people do. If I am  just a human like you all around me - why you expect so much from me, way more than you do from yourself?

You get tired, so do I. Let me rest. Let me sleep. Let me eat. Let me dream. I'm just a human after all.

"Marie, could you do me a favor?"
No, I'm too tired for that. I think.
But my lips and voice box act otherwise.
"Yes! Of course"
Marie, stop torturing yourself.
Maybe people aren't the ones who want much more from me, maybe I'm the one who takes all of it on herself? Realisation comes to my mind.

You have to stand for your emotions too, Marie. You should know your limits.

I know them, Marie. It's just that I can't say 'no' to anyone. I'm scared of their reaction. I don't want to make them mad. I need love and acceptance.

Well, maybe, Marie, you should change that? Teach yourself how to disagree. You're kind of pathetic this way.

Oh, that's an easy thing to say, Marie. You know I will never do that. I'm just a weak, little, dumb human after all. Scared of the outside world. So I should stay in my little, comfort box forever.

Oh, you think so? Well, okay. You do you, Marie. But you will regret your decision, just like you always do.