The Violinist and the Magician

Upon their fateful meeting at the theater, Shinichi found her and the magician getting closer and closer. They would often go out, and Kaito would prepare magic tricks for her to decipher and she would often tell him about her cases, to which he would make gruesome faces but listen intently too at the same time. However she could never bring herself to play the violin directly for him. Being the sweet, kind person he tends to be around Shinichi, he's never rushed her. And now she's finally chalked up her courage to do so. She had just the perfect time. They had planned to stargaze on her roof tonight.

In which they were preparing, all since Kaito had the idea of a moonlight picnic, Shinichi brought up casual conversation, hinting towards what type of music the thief liked. Apparently although not surprisingly, he liked the classic as low yet happy tunes and Shinichi knew just the song. In fact she wrote it partially because of Kaito. He just made her feel happy. A kind of happy she had never experienced before

She blushed and Kaito put a concerned hand on her forehead, muttering something about health. Shinichi just blushed harder and looked away. She was right the first time she had met Kaito in his civilian identity. She was falling- no, she was in love. She just wasn't sure how to go about it. She supposed she should treat it like an enigma and attempt to solve it. From then on, she paid attention to the way her body acted when the elusive thief was around.

"Do you want to go shopping?" Kaito asked randomly after they finished packing for the moonlight picnic. It was still early, the sun in the sky so they had no reason to actually wait and could do something to pass by time for now. She nodded her head and the messy haired highschooler grinned happily. "Good, let's go!"

Kaito dragged her around the mall he had taken her to. She kept casting nervous glances everywhere, waiting for someone to just drop dead and ruin her day. Kaito was all smiles until he noticed Shinichi's expression. He pulled her to a bench and sat her down.

"What's wrong Meitantei-san?" He asked quietly as he holds both of her hands in his on. For a thief, Shinichi noticed as she turned her attention to him, he sure had soft and warm hands.

"It's been thirty minutes." Shinichi said in a low whisper. Kaito raised an eyebrow questionably. He didn't get a chance to ask because Shinichi was looking around rather rapidly and nervous. "It's been thirty minutes and no one has died!" She exclaimed in a whisper so she wouldn't bother others.

Kaito blinked a couple time, trying to make sense of the situation. So what if no one died? That's usually a good thing. A very good thing when it comes to this detective. Oh, his eyes widened in realization. No one died! That's worth celebrating, he decided with a grin.

"That's a good thing! Your curse is giving you a break!" He told her excitedly, grinning as he bounced slightly in his seat. Shinichi frowned deeply, bit her lip, then started looking around again. "What?" Kaito asked noticing the frown. She didn't answer. "Hey. Look at me and tell me what's wrong." Shinichi listened and turned to him with rather solemn blue eyes. Kaito frowned.

"Last time my curse gave me a 'break' over twenty nine people died around me within an hour." She said stretching the words like she was explaining it to a kid. "Twenty nine, Kaito. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in luck too much. I however know there is harsh reality and amazing survival instinct that seems to get me through many situations."