Chapter Four:Commitment

(Spencer's POV)
I felt my eyes begin to tear up as I saw Katy lying in the hospital bed with so many wires and monitors attached to her. The sight was awful. She was white as a ghost and her black hair was all messy and all over the place. I walked over to her sadly as I looked at her, so unnaturally still and silent.

"I'm so sorry Katy this is all my fault.." I began to sob into my hands like a baby as I leaned my head on her bed. I felt a cold hand touch my left hand. I instantly look up and see that it's Katy's.

"Katy honey, are you awake?" Her mom said as she come next to me hopefully as she grabs Katy's cold hand. As soon as her mum grabbed her hand the monitor went back to normal. Katy's mum looked at Katy hopelessly sadness filling her eyes like the tide washing over the pebbles on a beach with the same swiftness.

"Hello Mrs Hudson we've just come in to check on your daughter.." The doctors said as the nurses came through and began checking different tubes and adjusted some them in some way. The doctor looked the results of her monitor with a curious expression.

"Hmm...fascinating" he said as he stroked his stubble as he analysed the data much closely.

"Mrs Hudson, the results show that something had triggered your daughter to be should we say 'more with reality' was there something you did or something that someone else did that made her react in some sort of way?"

"When I spoke to her she moved her hand onto mine, they're so cold..."

"Do you have relations to miss Hudson?" The doctor asks me as he scribbles down something in his notepad.
"No, I do not"

"Well from what I can see, you're doing her the world of good, it seems that she reacted to you as a sign as she was trying but she isn't able to physically get out of that state as well as an emotional reaction. I think it would be wise if you came and visited her regularly, it could really boost her getting out of this state ultimately it's her choice, but from what her reaction was, she'd reacting for your help.." I felt tears begin to fall as I began to sob loudly.

"Oh sweetie can't you see you're not helping her?" Her mum says as she comes down to my level.

"But why me?? I'm the person who put her here, it doesn't make any sense! I wailed into her shoulder.

"We don't know, Katy's brain works in a million and one different ways and I'm never quite sure how she works but what I do know is that she knows what she's doing." Her mum comforted me.
I look over at Katy, I see a single tear fall down her cheek as the rest of her face remains pale and still.

"I'm going to make you better Katy.." I whisper to myself as I look at her one last time and walk away from the room.

I know I've done so much wrong and mucked things up big time. But maybe this is my moment in life where I earn my halo and my wings. I'm going to make things right and there's no stopping me.