The Midvetr

Jäunë P.O.V

I woke up rested and ready for the day and I figured I'd meet Petra at her place and walk to the woods woth her for the hunt today.

I threw on my gear and grabbed my bow and axes as well as a small bait bag and tied that to my hip and slipped a quiver onto my back. From there I walked out of the Great Hall and to Petra's place to meet her only to walk into her on the way.

"Morning Petra. I see your ready to hunt." I said.

"Indeed. As are you." She said as I nodded.

With that we made our way into the Forest for our hunting trip.

Timeskip to the evening.....

We set up a small camp about 15 miles away from the settlement for our hunt and decided to return in the next day or two. Currently were sitting around a fire and eating some rabbit we caught.

"So Jäunë....what is the mainland like?" Petra asked me.

"......Cruel. Plain and simple." I said staring into the fire remembering all the pain I went through.

"Oh....." She said.

"It has it's.....qualities in a way. Places to eat. Places for music and....other nightly activities. But besides that....it's cruel and unforgiving. If your Faunus....your garbage and useless to many. If you don't have strength, status, wealth or connections your left behind. If your weak your looked down on. Yet if your too strong your a monster. But if you have fame or status that's looked over. They value fame, reputation and looks over family, loyalty and respect." I spat.

Petra then moved over and hugged me.

"What did they do to you Jäunë?" She softly asked.

"Nothing.....and that hurt the most. And when the cards were down....they abandoned me. So I chose to forsake them. But I took that rage.....that hatred....and fine tuned it. Now all it does to me is make me work harder....to prove them all wrong. That I am a warrior and I....I am worth something." I said.

Petra smiled at that and we then turned in.

The next day we finished our hunt and went back to the settlement with some deer and elk. We had it for the dinner that night and once more did Petra join me at my table.

For the next 3 months it was that way. We spent time together. Got to know one another and it felt right. Being with her.

Then came the day of reckoning....the Midvetr Feast. Marking a full year that I had been with the Clan and now am ready to take up my lineage as Prince of the Raven Clan of Ravensthrope.

I had just laced up my formal wear for the event and was with mother who was helping me prepare.

"So my son....I noticed your spending much time with Petra these last few months. Any reason why?" She asked.

"At first it was just a friends....but now....it feels like something more." I saw said.