|30: ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɪɴ'ᴛ ᴍʏ ʙᴏʏғʀɪᴇɴᴅ|

Mirabel slid across the floor and underneath the table with sonic speed. Thunder erupted, Luisa cried, birds flew around in fear.

"What is happening?!" Senora gasped, looking around the messy room.

'Mirabel stole Bruno's vision, she's gonna destroy the magic and now we're all doomed!" Dolores screamed with her hands covering her ears.

Alma looked around in disbelief. Soon some animals brought the vision on a platter onto the table, sliding it towards Isabela. Everyone's heads raised towards an anxious Mirabel as if her name was in a school math problem.

She panted and widened her eyes when the walls began to crack behind her, spreading across the entire house. Dolores covered her ears, Pepa continued to run her hands through her ginger hair, Camilo shapeshifted into some deformed being, and one of Isabela's plants sprung from the ground, smacking her fiancé in the nose.

The back windows revealed a crowd holding a sign that read; 

Felicidades!

But their expressions dropped when they noticed the disaster. That's when it began raining, inside. Mirabel's abuela looked at her with a disappointed look

The Guzman's were the first to run out. Mariano was bawling, holding his damaged nose.

Alma Madrigal chased after them, followed by Mirabel and me. Mirabel stood by the doorway as most of her family members ran out the doorway, soaking wet. Though I didn't care how ruined my clothes were. I followed Isabela to let her know about everything.

She stomped towards the main room where it wasnt raining, then stopped when she noticed my presence. "(Y/N)?"

"Isa! I'm really sorry about what happened just now. Can I talk to you?" I finally catched up with her as her gaze softened.

"Y-you knew abour all this?" She questioned as water dripped down her face.

"Yeah, I might've helped Mirabel find out something-"

"Then why didn't you tell me about this sooner? If they find me after I run away with Bobo now, they'll be way more mad than expected!"

"Hey!" Camilo shouted from the entrance. "Stop yelling at my girlfriend!"

"I'm not your girlfriend!"

"Oh."

Camilo walked away. Thank god.

Isabela looked back at me with a saddened expression. How could I have been so stupid? If I didn't help Mirabel, maybe she wouldn't take all this as such a big deal at first. And if i told Isabela about all this before, maybe she could've made a better plan to run away from this place.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead. I only hoped all this wasn't completely my fault.

"Can you please just let me explain myself before you get too mad?"

☾︎

Thankfully, she did. I told her everything that happened eversince she walked me through the town after I had breakfast here, all the way to when she found out what the prophecy truly meant.

"Though I feel like I'm betraying her by telling you all this." I said.

"Don't worry, it doesnt matter now that everyone knows about the magic." I could sense fear in her eyes when she finished. "But, I'm scared. What if no one see's me as perfect anymore without my gift?" She held her hands behind her back.

I walked closer to her and pat her head. "Are you kidding me? If you happen to stay here, you'll still be considered as perfect with your looks, intelligence, and personality. So shut up." I grinned as she laughed.

"Thanks (N/N), but I have to go check on my family now." She began to walk away, but then stopped. "Oh, and can you maybe try and hunt Mirabel down? You seem to be good at that."

"Yes ma'am." I saluted and walked off.

☾︎

I later found Mirabel roaming around the second floor. Again, casita's stairs appeared. But this time they were crooked and seemed unstable to walk on, still they worked.

"Mirabel!" I waved once I climbed the stairs. She looked at me, alarmed.

"(Y/N)! I-I'm so sorry for dragging you into all this! I should've-"

I pressed a finger to my lips. "Don't say that."

"Mirabel!" We heard her mothers voice echo through the home.

"They're looking for you." I stated. "Before I leave, is there anything I can help you with?"

She looked up at me and smiled. "No, but thank you so much. I'm gonna find Bruno myself now that I've had your help." At the corner of my eye, I found many rats crawling across the floor carrying the glowing shards, all going in one direction.

"Well," Mirabel ran a hand through her curly hair. "Wish me luck!" She said before following them.

Now I don't recall seeing a teenager chasing rats down a hallway. It's definetly something you don't see every day.