11 // Good Boy

❥ EVERETT'S POV

EVERETT'S POV

Everett is surprised by how quickly The Fallen Angels accept him and treat him like one of their own.

The members acknowledge him in passing around the clubhouse, and the women who hang around every day no longer stare at him like he's competition to be taken out. He's even grown bold enough to go places without Knox cosplaying as his shadow. The man's overprotectiveness has no limits, however, so Everett is never truly alone.

"How long does he plan on making you follow me around?" Everett sighs dramatically as he and Finn enter the kitchen. "I've been here for a week! I finally know my way around this big ass place, so I don't need another babysitter. I'm not going to run off."

"Asking too many questions never ends well for my face, kid. I do as I'm told, and that's that." Finn chuckles, taking a seat at the large table. He pulls out his cell phone and begins texting at ninety miles per minute, half of a smile on his face. "There are a million other places I'd rather be right now. The first place is in bed underneath my girl. So, yeah, I'm just as fucking miserable as you currently are."

"This feels like the part where I'm meant to apologize for inconveniencing you, but I won't." Everett rolls his eyes and then pours himself a glass of orange juice, opting to stand rather than sit at the table with Finn. "I never asked for any of this, by the way. And if I could've chosen someone else to follow me around like a lost puppy, I would have."

"You're such a feisty little runt." Finn smirks, briefly glancing up from his phone. "Does Knox allow you to talk to him like this, or is it all an act to appear tough?"

Everett scoffs, then laughs. "Allow? Fuck off with that shit. This is how I talk to everyone. I don't have the energy to pretend to be someone I'm not."

"Whatever. I'm surprised he hasn't fucked the brat out of you yet," Finn mumbles under his breath, redirecting his attention back to his phone.

Everett's cheeks heat at the comment he wasn't supposed to hear.

It's no lie that Knox affects Everett in ways no other man has before. A constant battle occurs when they're next to each other, sometimes all it takes is the simple locking of their eyes. The more they push each other's buttons, the faster Everett's feelings evolve toward Knox, a self-proclaimed killer. Every single day, Everett struggles internally. He's no longer certain whether to leave his guard up or lower it completely when in Knox's presence.

Once this war ends with The Jackals, walking away from Knox may not be as easy as Everett had once thought.

"This is boring. Can we go to the—" Everett starts.

"Absolutely the fuck not," Finn interjects. "You aren't to leave the property unless you're with Knox."

"Great. I'm basically a fucking prisoner now," Everett mutters. "Is this what you do all day? You sit around and wait for people to give you some shitty assignment to carry out?" He speaks louder, glaring at Finn. He's not really interested in getting to know the guy, but this beats sitting alone in his room while he waits for Knox to return from his workout.