Prologue

10 Years Ago

They just got back from their parents funeral, now just the two of them, Leilani comforts her younger sister, Lana who has been weeping non stop since their parents were killed in a car accident. 

At age fourteen, Leilani was left with the responsibility to take care of herself and her younger sister Lana, age six. 

"Shhh, tahan na bunso...andito lang si Ate. Ako ang bahala sa'yo Lana...anuman ang mangyari nandito lang ako. Aalagaan kita, ayokong nakikita kang umiiyak ng ganyan ..tahan na"  Leilani said to her sister, she,too is in pain, but she has to be strong for both of them. She doesn't really have much choice but to be strong- for both of them.

Lana's cries slowly stopped, her hands around her Ate Leilani is firm, she didn't want to be away from her only family, her sister. With their parents gone, her Ate Leilani is the only one she trusts her life with. 

Leilani softly kissed Lana's forehead as she continues to whisper comforting words to her. Finally tired, Lana was able to sleep. 

Leilani was afraid, she is only fourteen to know everything there is about life- but she is smart, she will get through this impossible time, she has to- for the two of them. They have to survive.