M is for middle finger

My mind started to organize battle strategies and back up plans. Everyone had froze but Jasper and I. He looked to me, some how knowing I would have a plan and take action.

"I need four of you." I spoke sternly "Jasper, Emmett, Rosalie and Alice. Carlisle, Esme and Edward, you stay with Bella. You four, you will all be in the trees. One diagonally to my right, one diagonally to my left and two in front. I want on of the two in front 3/4 the way up the tree and the second 1/4 the way up the tree. If a wolf is about to attack me from behind, the person 3/4 the way up the tree can jump them. If a wolf or wolves attacks me from the front, the person 1/4 the way up the tree can help me. If I'm blind sided and a wolf is to my right, the person to my left will jump and reverse. If my plan works, they will only think only Carlisle, Esme, Edward, Bella and I are here." I spoke with authority.

"Why? wouldn't they smell us in the trees?" Rosalie questioned as Emmett asked a question at the same time.
"Why won't they question us being there?"

"All their senses would be trained on me and whoever or whatever is in the house. They won't question you all not being there because they would think Jasper rejected me and the other three sided with him." I answered back. Jasper's growl startled me. I looked up only to find it wasn't Jasper but the Major. The family looked shocked and stepped back.

"I would never reject you!" He growled again.

"Good" I answered "Now, let's go, we have people to meet." I started to walk off and out the door. In seconds, the Major was holding the door for me. I leaned up to his ear and whispered "I know you like to be in control so you can be in control later." I winked.

I watched them leap into the trees and take their positions from my spot on the ground. The Major was in the tree in front of me, watching me intently as I stretched my senses as far as they could go.

I heard the pounding of paws, one set from Jacob going around the perimeter and the rest from the approaching pack.

They were coming fast. I started to mentally count down how long it would take them to reach us. As soon as my mind counted 0, they burst through the tree line.

I watched as the alpha observed the situation. As I expected, they didn't notice the vampires in the tree.

I took a fighting position, ready to do what was necessary. The alpha stepped forward, seeing me as a threat. he growled, wanting me to submit to him. But I did not submit before and I would not submit now.

He mind linked his pack then, and I knew, this would not pass without a fight.

His orders? Simple. Eliminate the threat. His strategy? Stupid. A wolf to jump me from behind.

I moved to adjust my hand so my middle finger flicked them off and clicked my tongue in disapproval.