soft

"but your hair is so soft!" B whined, A and B were cuddling in a bed of quartz, the sheet was white and perfectly clean. A had just got done washing their fluffy hair. A giggled softly and moved their hands to B's back, rubbing cycles into their back. "hey, your hands are cold." B pouted. A looked at B lovingly. 

"and apparently, my hair is soft." A mummered softly, B ran their hands through A's hair once more, still jutting out their bottom lip. A chuckled quietly, shoving their face into B's chest. B laughed, and A adored it. B was perfect in every way, pretty, soft, and just overall an amazing person. B smelled of vanilla and coffee and A could just not get enough of them.  

"you're doing it again!" B scolded, A, snapped out of their thoughts, let out a small "hm?" B scoffed dramatically. "you're staring at me again, and looking at me all sappy like!" A grinned. 

"You know I can't help myself, B. I just-" B cut them off. 

"I know! love me soooo much!" B dragged out the o. A nodded, and B had the goofiest grin on their face. B looked away, suddenly their cheeks flushed red. A cocked their head to one side. "why are you always so lovey with me." B asked, looking off at the slightly off-white wall, like it was suddenly the most interesting thing in the room. 

"because I love you, B." A said softly, leaning into the crook of B's neck. Kissing them softly. B giggled, turning back to A and pushing their face into A's hair. 

"your hair is still so soft." 

"your still so warm." A responded. B closed their eyes, as if being near A was making them sleepy. A noticed this, and shifted them around so that B was cuddled up close to A's chest. B shifted quietly, tugging A impossibly closer. 

_

"well, look who is awake!" A teased, B rubbed the sleep out of their eyes, and hugged A from behind. A grinned, and looked back down at the pancakes they were making. A was considerably bigger than B, but not big enough to where B had to tilt their head up to meet their eyes. 

"you woke me up with your goofy humming. your so loud." B said, words slurred with sleep. A cupped B's face in their hands, and gave them a kiss on the forehead. B happily accepted the kiss. 

"Well, i made you pancakes!" A said, waving their hands toward the pancakes they were cooking, and a few that were already done. B nodded, giving a small hum in response, but stayed with their face shoved into A's chest. A ran their fingers through B's slightly tangled hair. "my turn now, love." A said, basically whispering. B looked away, smiling like crazy. 

"your stupid." B said, twining their hand with A's. A smiled softly, and turned back to finish the pancakes. B stayed near, eating. B admired A, A was perfect. They were warm, welcoming, and perfectly pretty. A was never upset, and content whenever B was content. A's eyes shone like the stars when B was around, and B loved it. 

"yeah, okay sure. you love me!" A protested jokingly, and B rolled their eyes. 

"you better hope so!" B snaps teasingly, A gasps, and puts a dramatic hand on their chest. 

"how dare you! I oughta-" A grabs a spatula, and points it at B, who puts their hands up dramatically. The two laugh, and the sun shines down into their home. The two have never been happier than when they were together. It gave them a feeling that may only be described as, soft. 

words: 635

(i promise they will get longer! I struggled a bit with this prompt!)