Karthik's eagerness

Next day

Vasu: "Hello Mami. Vasu here. I spoke yesterday regarding the alliance for Karthik."

Sowmya's  Mom: " Namaskaram. Yes  I remember, we are yet to check the horoscope matching. We would do this by weekend."

Vasu: 'No issues . we are near your area to attend one small function of our relative , so if you don't have any objection, we thought of coming to your house now to meet your family. Is that Ok?"

Gomathi thought for a while..

Sowmya's Mom: " Ok , you can come. And may i know how many of you are coming?

Vasu: Just me and my wife alone. We are just coming to have a casual meeting , so you don't need to have us prepared anything. We can have a proper marriage meet with the our son."

Sowmya's Mom: " Ok.. no issues , you are welcome to our house. We have our daughter also staying now at home."

Vasu: "Ok mami , thanks, we will reach your location in 30 mins. Namaskaram."

Sowmya's Mom: " Namaskaram."

After 30 mins.

Vasu and his wife went to Sowmya's house and saw her.it was a small family. Sowmya's father died few years back due to illness and hence only her mother and 2 younger brothers are staying in the house.

They have invited her uncle to talk further. Sowmya is a gold medalist in college and is currently working in an MNC. She is also learning MS from BITS Pillai.

Vasu and Sowmya's uncle had a good chat as they came to know that they both work in IIT campus. Latha , vasu's wife is also satisfied with alliance.

They discussed about each other family background, where Sowmya works and other details and they felt satisfied about family and the girl.

Latha asked and received a different photo of Sowmya as the one in matrimony was different than how she was looking now.

After returning from Sowmya house, Vasu called padma and told her about the meet. He said she is the best fit for our family and looks different and good when compared to the photo they have given.

Moorthy(Karthik's father), just informed Karthik that Vasu and Latha went to meet the girl and got a new photo.

Karthik did not utter any word or give any reaction, although he was eager to know more details about the visit.

His ego was stopping him from asking it based on the conversations he had previously regarding alliance. After so much thought , he decided to go meet Vasu mama and get the details.

Later in the evening

Karthik : "Maa... I am going out. I will come in few minutes ,said Karthik."

Padma called Vasu immediately and told him that he has started from house and would probably be coming there to meet him to get details.

Vasu: "See i told you na, he will come to our way. Let me deal him when he comes to my house."

While he was talking in phone, Karthik entered his house. His uncle house is just 3 lanes away and would not take much time to come in cycle.

Vasu: "Ok your son had come, I will talk later" said Vasu and cut the call

Vasu: "Vada.. va va. Ukkaru.. (come , come, sit )"

Karthik thought so much and came to his house to get details , but was not sure on how to start the topic.

Vasu was speaking in general about world topics and politics, but was not spilling beans about the marriage meet

Karthik was patient at the start, but was getting more and more agitated when he came to know that his uncle was purposefully avoiding that topic and was talking about something else

Vasu was able to read his mind clearly and he wanted Karthik himself to ask about the alliance.

After few minutes Karthik himself spoke.

Karthik: "mmm.... Mama. So tell me what happened in that house today."

Vasu: "Which house da?"

Karthik: "Mama .. you know well about what i am talking , my mom would have even told you about my purpose of visit. I know you were purposefully dragging the conversation for me to start. So now tell me what happened."

Vasu and Latha came and told about what happened and how the girl looked, other details about her.

Vasu: "All ok mama, I feel like she is too dark "

Vasu: "Dei.. as if you are so fair. She is just a little shade darker. Not fair , not too dark, but in the middle.

You have seen my daughter Subha na, just a 2 shades lesser than her. See you should always look for good quality in people, love and affection not for fairness or good looks."

Vasu continued, "Think about it. do you need a girl who would be a your better half , who understands you , with whom you have a good rapport and feel like blessed to live with her? Or the one with looks but not the right the qualities that you are expecting.

Moreover, you are talking about complexion. I am not saying this to offend you, but you too look dark in color. But that does not mean that you are not a good person. We all know about you and your character.

So don't judge people by looks. With whatever we say and conversations we had, she is the best fit to be your wife."

Karthik thought for a while. He also saw the photo and felt little satisfied. Still he was skeptical. He left the house with the photo stating he will let them know soon.