The Discussion

"Mama.... I already told you that I will not change my mind. Please don't try to convince me", said Karthik while removing his slippers before entering the house

Vasu: "Hello, i came to see my sister and not to talk about your alliance. Don't I have rights to see my sister?"

Karthik: "Mama I know my mom only would have called you to make me convince about that alliance. See i have told many times , i don't want to marry that girl. I have some expectations and she is not fitting that"

Padma: "Karthik!! What is the reason for you to reject that girl even without seeing? How come you are saying she is not fit for you ?"  asked his mom, giving the aromatic filter coffee to her elder brother Vasu.

"We can just go and see once and then we can decide further. We are not going to fix the alliance immediately" continued Padma

Karthik: "Ma, I know about Vasu mama. His history shows, if we go meet any alliance with him, he ensures that meeting will end up in marriage"

Padma: "So what , he is the lucky one in our family and moreover, your other mamas for whom he fixed the marriage are living good life."

"Ya ya, go and ask your younger brothers separately about their married life..." thought karthik

Vasu: "See i came to talk because if you are not proceeding with this alliance, our relative Ganesh is searching bride for his son.

He is ready to go ahead with the alliance. So wanted to confirm before I share this alliance", vasu mama said after finishing his coffee

Padma: "Ayo anna, wait. You can't do that. Can we go ahead and see the girl and her parents first atleast and then we can talk with Karthik."

Karthik: "Ma... no one should go to her house. Even if you all are convinced I am not going to marry her. If I ever hear that you are going to meet her I am not going to come to this house. I will leave somewhere."

Padma: "Dei, why are you telling like that? See anna, how he is speaking. He never understands us and our pain. We are already old aged. We don't want him to suffer like us by getting married late. Is it that bad or wrong to think of son's marriage? " said padma with a worried face"

Vasu: "Leave it Padma,I will take care of it."

Being a usual mom Padma looked worried about his future and marriage. He is not earning more like others of his age, also not very handsome looking. Karthik is little stout and has some belly to add look to his handsomeness.

Many alliance came and got rejected because he is little fat and also dark in color. For how long the good looks be present? At the end we need to look in to one with good behavior, thoughts and attitude.

Padma understood this and that is the reason she decided not look for skin color, wealth or good looks but a girl with right attitude who would be a best fit for Karthik.

Next day

Vasu: "Hello, I am Vasu here. Am I a speaking to Miss. Sowmya's mother?"

Sowmya Mom: "Yes.may I know who you are?"

Vasu: "Namaskaram. I saw your daughters profile in the *** matrimony and wanted to talk about the alliance for my Sister's son. Are you still seeking alliance or fixed?"

Sowmya Mom: "ohh. We are stil searching groom for her."

Vasu: "Ohh.. that's good. My sister'son is 29 yrs old and he is working in BPO in *** company. You would have other details about him and his horoscope in the matrimony site. Can you please make a note of it?"

Sowmya Mom: "Oh ya sure. 1 min"

Vasu: "Oh his id is 233446. We have already seen the horoscope and we have 8 out of 10 matching for both of them. You could also see from your side."

Sowmya Mom: " Ya sure we will check and let you know sir."

Vasu: "And by the way may we know where your family stays?"

Sowmya Mom: "We stay in mylapore near south mada street."

Vasu: "Ohh , myself and my sister family stay in adambakkam. We are just 3 lanes away."

Sowmya Mom: " Ok sir, we will look in to the details and let you know soon"

Vasu: "Ok mami. Thanks"