Chapter 3

Chapter 3:
Going Home.

Sanemi and Kanao walked in silence through the halls of the classroom.

*Cough Cough*

Sanemi quickly grabs a handkerchief from his pocket and hands it to Kanao. 'Fuck.. I didn't know it was this bad' He thought as Kanao kept coughing as she got down on the floor. They both stopped in the halls as Sanemi waited for her to stop coughing.

"I'm sorry..." Kanao said between coughs. Sanemi sighed and bent down to her level.

"Kanae wants you to get the surgery. She already booked an appointment for you." He softly said. Kanao looked at him in horror. How did she know? Of course Sanemi knows since he just saw her like this.. But no one except her friends know.. Did Aoi do this? Kanao stared at the floor as wisteria flowers fell onto the ground. Although she did wish to get surgery, a part of her wanted to confess, hoping he'd accept it.. Though it'd have to be impossible.. right?

"I don't know yet.." Kanao said as she got up. She hated the smell of wisteria. It always haunted her. From the first night she coughed them up.. Pain throughout her esophagus. It hurt like hell.. Why did it have to be his favorite flower?

Sanemi grabbed her hand and dragged her into his classroom. He fumbled around, looking for another handkerchief. Kanao watched him and thought that he was a good brother-in-law..

He found one in his drawer as he quickly grabbed his bag. He handed her the handkerchief as Sanemi searched his bag. He quickly grabbed a folder from his bag and through it on the desk. Sanemi grabbed his phone from his front pocket to message his wife.

"Let's go, Kanao." She nodded and followed him. Although she was lucky to have a brother-in-law like him, she wanted Genya to come aswell.. since this IS a family matter.

"What about Genya?" Sanemi sighed and turned towards her as they walked through the front office. "He'll be fine, he has some after school activities to stay for as well." He said as they reached the main office. Kanao nodded as an okay while she looked around.

She hasn't been in the main office since she had no reason to ever be there. The smell of coffee filled the air, the sound of coffee brewing was quite calming for her. Mitsuri was behind the desk, making her own coffee. She was filling in for a staff who had to leave for an emergency.

"Hey Sanemi and Kanao!" Mitsuri exclaimed as she waved towards them. Sanemi waved as he walked over to the desk. Sanemi and Mitsuri talked to each other as Mitsuri sipped on her coffee while Sanemi signed some papers.

"Give me a second." He said as he walked behind the front desk into the administrators room. Misturi watched him disappear into the back and she started,

"Is it Tanjiro?" Kanao flinched at the mention of his name. She sighed and nodded. "How do you know about.. what I have?" Kanao asked while looking down.Mitsuri frowned,

"I got a call from Shinobu who was screaming her head off. She told me that Kanae had given her the news about it." She explained as tears fell down her cheeks.

"H-Hey don't cry.. I'll be fine." Kanao said, plastering a smile on her face. Of course things won't go her way but she still has hope. Kanao was about to speak up until Sanemi walked in.

"Alright let's go, Kanae wants me to take you to our home." Sanemi said while pulling car keys out from his front pockets of his jeans. "Have a good day, Mitsuri." He yelled as he walked out the office. Kanao followed and waved.

--

As they pulled into the driveway, Kanae came running out the front door.

"KANAO!" she yelled while running to the passenger side. Sanemi only smiled as he got out the car. Kanae quickly opened the door and hugged her younger sister. She hugged back. It still didn't help the fact that she felt guilty for making her sister worried.. Normally she would try to keep these type of stuffs as a secret.

"Let's go inside." She said worriedly as Kanao nodded and got out the car. She shut the door as Kanae went running behind Sanemi. Her younger sister only smiled at this scene as she followed them inside.

--

Meanwhile with Genya..

"How's it with Ozaki?" Genya asked while doing their experiment. They both got into the same chemistry class and they were both happy.

"I-" Tanjiro ended up knocking down a beaker onto the floor making the substance spill

"Aw, darn it." He quickly went to grab paper towels to clean his mess up. Genya helped pick up the broken glass.

"Sorry about that, Genya." Genya shook his head

"It's fine." He said as Mr. Iguro came by and criticized them for spilling the chemical on the floor. They both apologized many times, yet he didn't listen

"I'll be mo-"

Crash

"Oh fu-" Genya ended up dropping his beaker and mixed with the chemical Tanjiro dropped that wasn't properly cleaned. Flames erupted as everyone stared at the two.

"OH SHIT!" Genya yelled as he panicked. Everyone stared in horror as the fire grew bigger. Mr. Iguro quickly put out the fire. A vein popped from his head. He was now angry at those two

"GET OUT YOU SCUMBAGS!" He dragged the two and had Mr. Tomioka take them to the front office.

"Go on with your stupid lives." He snarled towards the three. Giyu stared, unfazed. Genya and Tanjiro we're apologizing for what they did. Mr. Iguro gave 0 shit about their apologies and shut the door on them.

Giyu sighed as the two followed him to the front office.

"What a day.." Tanjiro whispered to Genya, who nodded in agreement.