#10ThingsThatMakeMeHappy

@AlWrite had the courtesy to mention me in her list so I'm gonna try it myself:

I won't include reading and writing because that goes without saying. Instead I'll say:

1) Beauty! I'm shallow like that. I love beauty. Beauty depresses the hell out of me but also makes me really happy. How's that possible? Oh well, how's it possible to have rain when the sun is also shining? I don't know, it just is what it is.

2) Smartness. I've always aimed to associate myself with beautiful and/or smart people. They help fill the void.

3) Conflict. It's like going to the movies and having to decide between the "Batman vs Joker" film and "The Smurfs" and I'm not even a big fun of superheroes... But I guess I'll make an exception for Batman. Anyway, that's not the point. The point is, conflict can be highly entertaining.

4) Oh screw it, I'll say it: Votes and Comments -especially comments! long, detailed beautiful comments- on my stories and poems make me happy. I love it! Heaps!!

5) Hand-written letters and postcards. I just love it when I go about my day, bored as a blind man in a strip club and oops! suddenly I realise that there's an envelop waiting with my name on it from some god forgotten country or village or whatever. It totally makes my day and I always keep every single one of the hand-written messages my friends send me.

6) Flowers. I'll refer you to the first entry, flowers are beautiful, beauty is depressing but it isn't boring. It can never be. Maybe that's why I think it's depressing really. We get so used to the greyness around us (and that's before its 50 shades became cool) that all our other senses are kinda lulled and then when we see something truly gorgeous, it hurts, like the blinding light of your smartphones' screen when you try to answer your crush's drunk text around 4am.

7) Sports. Sports require energy. You have to push yourself to the breaking point. You labour and you hurt and it's so great when you know that you hit the mark. Ah, sweet satisfaction! "Gotcha! Beat this!"

8) Massages. Seriously though! God, if I could only be given a massage per day I'd be a happy woman. I'm so easy to please, I know. But dammit, massages are the best and whoever disagrees either has had terrible massaging experiences or is awfully ticklish.

9) Traveling. Traveling makes me so happy that I can't contain myself which is why I only ever show two faces: I'm either a cheshire cat or Tommy Lee Jones in practically any film he's ever appeared. There's no in-between. I either let the excitement overflow or in order to contain it, I walk around like a Cyberman whispering "upgrade! upgrade! upgrade!"

10) Perfect scenery! It doesn't have to be the a NY landscape with an instagram filter or the sea reflecting the morning sky.. nah, that's nice but truth is, it's pretty boring. Why? Because I can google these stuff and because when you invest this much time into making a picture look beautiful, chances are the real thing couldn't compare to the digital version. I should know. I've been doing this for years, trying to turn something ugly into art... Let us all unite in cursing my photography classes!

The point is -and I swear I had one...initially, at least- well, the point is that the perfect scenery doesn't even have to be beautiful or worthy of becoming an Apple/Windows/Sony-wallpaper. The scenery is deemed "perfect" when you look at it and your breath gets knocked out of your chest, when you feel so in sync with your surroundings you start wondering if you grew one of those tails the Na'vi had in the Avatar film. It can be a secluded place, or some picturesque alley behind a gothic church... the topside of a mountain that's literally breathtaking because, dammit, you walked to get there, now pant, pant pant and lit that cigarette! Or it can just be an image you caught whilst driving by a new town. It doesn't matter. Perfect scenery hits you hard and it's epic!

Now I nominate the usual suspects: @RoseSunshine ,

@CreepyAngel,
@BackIncognito

@CrisLo that's as always busy traveling... and

@DameCarnelian