Chapter 10

With a dash of magic, y/n and Jareth were back in the castle in an instant. No more Sarah and no more real world, y/n and Jareth were back in The Goblin City. It was all so strange everything that had just happened and Y/n was having a difficult time grasping it. Jareth lets go of y/n and she looks around the room. It was much quieter than y/n previously experienced with the party going on. All of the decorations were gone, it was empty, and the throne room was back to normal.

"What about the party? Where is everyone?" Y/n asked mindlessly.

"It's over." Jareth said bluntly, waving his hand dismissively.

"Why?" She asked.

"It wasn't my party now was it? It was quite boring, the ones I throw are much more exciting." Jareth said with a smile and y/n raised an eyebrow at him.

"Also what happened to-" Jareth sharply cut her off.

"My mother. If you really want to know she left without saying goodbye to us. She's a heartless creature I know, but she is the woman that raised me." Jareth sighed as he sat in his throne lazily. "She won't bother you anymore." Jareth said. Y/n had so many questions about that woman but decided to push those thoughts away.

"I wasn't worried about her." Y/n shot back.

"You don't have to lie to me. What she did to you was vicious, even cruel." Y/n was at least happy Jareth knew his mother was evil, it validated her experience.

"And you're not?" Y/n said. In the back of her mind she was thinking 'like mother like son'. No wonder Jareth was a sadistic person if he was raised by that woman.

"Well I never said that." He said with a smirk, resting his face in his propped up hand.

"Wipe that smile off your face, I hate it when you do that."

"My sweet, you're so cruel. Come here." Jareth cried, acting wounded.

"I'm changing first." Y/n said once she realized she was still in her white ball gown. She turned her here and strutted out of the room, leaving Jareth to chuckle to himself. He picked a feisty one and that made him happy.

Jareth sat in his throne room looking around waiting for y/n to come back. A thought came to his mind that made him smirk. He quickly snapped his fingers and his magic did the rest.

~

She flinched when she opened the throne room door. There Jareth sat in his throne but this time there was another royal seat next to his. It was for her.

"What do you think?" Jareth asked.

"When did you even have time to install this?" Y/n knew she wasn't gone that long, there was no way

"Just now. It was a necessary improvement seeing as I am king you are my partner. Come sit." Y/n came over sitting down in her chair that was adjacent to Jareth's. It was quite comfortable and Jareth watched amused as y/n grew confidence in her throne.

"So, what happens now?" Y/n asked, breaking the brief silence.

"Why you will be queen, at least when the time is right." There was the Jareth that y/n knew, always talking in riddles. Y/n knew no matter how long she spent with Jareth she would never fully understand his strange words.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked, trying to get clarity from her future husband.

"This is the underground darling, we have all the time in the world to be married."

"So me actually marrying you doesn't have to happen anytime soon?" Y/n asked in disbelief. Sure Jareth was pushy but he still had respect for y/n.

"Of course not. You're here with me, you're not going anywhere. Why rush? It's only forever."

"Not long at all." Y/n said laughing at her own joke. Jareth also laughed and looked longingly at her. He bent down and kissed her on the forehand. Her lips moved into a soft smile at his affection. Sure, the couple hadn't shared a kiss together, but they had all of eternity to share those experiences together.