Signs of Spark-Chapter 57

SONJA'S POV
"Sonja!" Someone shouted.
"Yea?" I said.
"Get up! Today's an important day!" The voice sounded like Tucker.
I pushed the covers away, and stood on the orange carpet that layered the floor. I opened my closet and quickly swapped into my fox jacket. I ran out of the room and down a short hallway to the main room where Tucker was sitting on the couch across the room.
"Good morning sunshine," Tucker smiled.
"Yea yea," I said, blushing. "What's going on today that's sooo important?"
"The Wizards are going to find Mianite today so he can close the portal. Speaking of the portal, have you seen Spark at all lately?"
"Actually," I paused, "I haven't. I'm not sure where he is. Any ideas?"
"No. We could ask if anyone saw him. I'll go find Sparklez and Tom. You find the hybrids, alright?" he smiled.
"Okay. Be back here once you're done talking with your assigned people," I said.
"Alright. See you after."
"Cya."
-
I'm at the front door of a large oak wood home, corners of the house made with raw wood. Fences surrounded part of the front of the house. In the fences were flowers, and a few bunnies that found their way in. The chimney at the top of the house smoked with spider web. I haven't been here before.
I opened the doors, and popped inside. The first room was very open, with a couch in front of the chimney with some pictures on the walls.
"Hello?" I shouted, my voice bouncing off the walls.
"Yea? Who is it?" A voice rang back.
"Sonja."
"Oh, okay. Come upstairs!"
On the right wall of the open room was a staircase leading upstairs. Going up, there was three beds next to opposite corner of the room. All three beds were spread out from each other, and each hybrid was sitting on one bed.
"Hey Sonja!" Jordan smiled.
"Hi! What's up?" I say.
"Nothing really."
"Is this your house?"
"Well," Jordan looks over at Nathon and Brooke, "more like mine. I built it, and they just live here. So yeah, kind of."
"Hey!" Brooke protested. "I helped build!"
"Putting in the staircase, all facing the wrong way doesn't count as helping," Jordan glares at her.
Brooke looks down, and slumps.
"Anyways, what did you come for?" Nathon asks.
"I wanted to know if any of you have seen Spark lately. At least in the past few days."
"No," they all said at the same time.
"Not in a while," Brooke said, fiddling with her hands. "Why?"
"Uhh," I stutter, "the Wizards are going to find Mianite to close the portal, and we need to find Spark to send him back to his home. If we can't, then that'll be a problem."
"Yea that'll be a big problem," Nathon's eyes widened.
"You'll have to tell Mianite to hold off before closing it. We can't have Spark bouncing around this world," Jordan looked at Nathon, then back at me.
"I one hundred percent agree," Nathon said, looking back at Jordan.
As if on cue, they looked back to me at the exact same time.
They have no information for me.
"Well, I should get going now-"
"WAIT!" Brooke shouted.
Looking at her, I hardly realized that she wasn't a chicken anymore. You could see more of her human body because of what she was. Her shiny brown hair was short, just above her shoulders. She had light skin, and brown eyes. She was taller than the other two. She wore an orange tank top and short jeans, along with cream colored sandals.
"Oh! I didn't realize that you changed, Brooke!" I say. "That's really cool!"
"Well, thank you," she smiled. "I'm actually a mermaid. Because I'm on land, I can either return to my normal self, or stay as a mermaid, but have a big impenetrable bubble surrounding me, filled with water."
"Oh!" I squeaked, "That sounds so awesome!l
Brooke blushed.
"I just wanted to say that the last time I saw Spark, he was talking to you!" She started, "Don't you remember? On the mountain edge by Tucker's old house?"
"No," I said, confused. "I haven't been to that old house in forever!"
"Ohhhh," Brooke dragged. "Well, I saw someone who looked exactly like you then. If it wasn't your then I don't know who it was."
"NO!" I shout. "Maybe more alternatives are coming from from the portal! I thought I told Tom to watch over it to make sure no one else escapes!"
"Trusting Tom?" Jordan jokes. "That's your first mistake.
"I- I have to go," I begin running towards the staircase.
"Alright, see you later Sonja. Good luck!" The hybrids call out right before I open the door and escape.