𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘•𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍-everything changes

𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐘𝐋, 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐊, 𝐆𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐄 went off to find Randell while the others stayed locked inside of Hershel's house. "Hey." Carl whispered leaning closer to Dean.

Dean raised his eyebrows. "What?" He asked in the same tone as Carl.

"Let's go out." Carl said even more quietly then when he first started talking.

Dean looked around the crowded room. "Are you crazy? Or do you just like getting in trouble?" He asked, narrowing his eyes.

Carl huffed, crossing his arms. "I'm going with or without you." He muttered, puffing out his chest.

Dean stared at him for a minute before rolling his eyes. "Whatever. Let's just go." Carl smiled leading Dean back into the bedroom he was supposed to be.

The two climbed out the window and took off towards the woods.

A gunshot went off in the field. Carl and Dean stopped and looked towards the sound. "Come on." Carl grabbed Dean's hand and took off running towards the gunshot.

They stopped seeing Rick. The man looked at the boys and both of the boys look towards the body on the ground as it started to move. Carl began to cry when they notice that the body belonged to Shane.

Rick started to cry a little looking at the boys. He walked closer to them. "Carl... Dean. You know you should be back home with mom."

Walker Shane stood up and Carl raised his gun. "Carl now!" Dean told the boy.

Rick held his hand out. "Just—just put the—put the gun down. It's not what it seems. Please."

Carl pulled the trigger and Shane hit the ground. Rick looked back shocked.

The three started to walk back to the house. "You bit too?" Carl asked, looking up at his dad.

"No." Rick answered after a few minutes.

"Shane was." Dean said, before Carl had the chance to.

"That wasn't Shane. You know that. Both of you." Rick told the boys.

Carl and Dean nodded. "Used to be." Carl said.

"What happened?" Dean questioned.

"You guys attacked?" Carl asked. "I mean, we heard a gunshot, but I didn't see any walkers nearby. How did Shane die?"

The three stopped and Rick turned to face the boys. He went to say something but Dean saw something out of the corner of his eye. He quickly looked over. "Walkers." He quietly told Rick.

Rick's eyes widened. "go go go go go go." Rick nudged the boys.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐍 and Rick sent Carl and Dean up to the loft with a lighter

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐍 and Rick sent Carl and Dean up to the loft with a lighter. The two boys stood side by side while Rick started to cover the ground with gasoline.