The Begining

Ten Years Ago:

---Six Years Old---

In the middle of nowhere during a horrible blizzard, a little girl opens her eyes with no memory of who she is, or what she was doing, or where she is, or when she got there, or why she was there, or how she got there.

All she knew was that she was cold.

She slowly stood up, her legs a bit shaky as she did. She looks up at the grey clouds sending white snowflakes down to the earth as the wind blows them everywhere. She held out one of her hands, covered with a yellow mitten, and watches as snowflakes land on it.

"White snow." A woman's voice whispers in her head.

'What is white? What is snow?' She wonders as more snowflakes fall on her mitten.

"Something that is not red." The voice whispers.

'What is red?' The girl wonders, looking around with wide innocent round rusty brown eyes for the source of the voice. But it doesn't speak again.

"Hello little girl." She turns and looks up at a tall man who looks down at her. "Are you lost?" She just blinks at him, not understanding. He smiles big, bending his knees and sitting on his heels while looking at her. "May I," he slowly reaches for her, "drink," he smiles and reveals two pointy fangs, "your blood!?" He grabs the girl as his eyes turn a bright blood red, and she starts making sounds of fear, unable to form words.

Right before the man sinks his fangs into the girl's neck, the girl is knocked down in the snow as the man is jerked away. She blinks as something warm, sticky, and wet covers her in a splatter. She looks up at the man who had almost bite her, noticing an arm through his head. She looks at the owner of the arm, a younger man who has an angry expression on his face.

"You're a disgrace to all Vampires." The angry young man says, pulling his arm out of the other man's head, blood all over his arm and hand. He looks at his hand, then licks some of the blood off his finger. His eyes flicker to her, and she sees he has the same bright blood colored eyes as the other man, but they quickly fade. "Are you okay?" He asks. She just blinks at him, and he offers her his clean hand. She reaches out and takes it and he pulls her into an embrace that warms her up. "You're safe now." He says, picking her up and carrying her as she falls asleep in his arms.

---

"Wake up little one." The man says, still holding her even though they sit in a car. She slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes free of sleep. "Are you warm?" She looks at him, blinking away the rest of the sleep. "I have someone I want you to meet, will you come with me?" He asks, and she just stares at him. "Still won't speak?" He sighs. "Okay." He holds out his hand and she takes it. He opens the door and helps her out, walking up a flight of stairs. The blizzard wind cut off from them thanks to a tall stone wall. "You'll like Headmaster Cross, I hope." He says as they make it to the top, continuing to walk towards a building where lights are lit up in the windows. He knocks and the door opens. "Headmaster."

"Ah, Kaname." The man, Headmaster, says, smiling. "Is this her?" The man, Kaname, nods.The girl hides behind the Kaname. "Come in, come in!" The Headmaster says.

"Thank you." Kaname says, pulling the girl with him as he walks in. He kneels down and helps her out of her mittens, coat, and boots while smiling at him. "Come on." he tells her, offering her his hand again. She takes it and they walk hand in hand behind the Headmaster.

"I'll go get her some pudding." The Headmaster disappears and Kaname and the girl are left alone in the room. Kaname lifts the girl onto the couch, then sits beside her. He smiles at her, but otherwise remains silent. "Here we go! Pudding for the princess." The Headmaster smiles while carrying a bowl of something. He puts it in the girl's lap, then sits in his chair.