Awaken

It was a cold winter morning, the frost seemed to bury into my skin as I strolled down Parks Road. At the corner of the road there was a old, derelict building, which harboured the local DIY store with all its products. Whilst on the other corner, with brand new, untouched houses, there was a busy confectionary shop which awaited the children after they came out of their school and walked home. I seen Sam by best mate run to the school, I hurried to catch him; Sam was a lively, outlandish fellow who was always the first to be there and be in the action, he lived on this intoxicant of adventure with his flamboyant parents who were adventurous and exciting, just like him.

"Hi, Sam... you all right?" I asked, whilst dropping my rucksack on the floor.

"I'm all right I suppose, ready for a game of footie in the morning, heh, " he encouraged as we made our way to the rear of the school through the side of the school. Sam suddenly sprinted a way, I was eager to catch up so I followed. Despite the fact that it was a new school for me, I've caught up in lessons and have gained great friends that are quite popular within the school therefore swinging me into this elite squad of people who were acutely admired around school. I decided not to play this morning as I did not get much sleep and actually felt an overwhelming feeling of fatigue upon myself so I stuck to commentating on the football.

"And he passes it to the Winger who is quick to get an early cross and it's a great diving header... WHAT A GOAL! A great cross and a great finish. The Reds are eager to continue the game it's a quick 1-2 and he takes a shot from the half-way line and Oh! It's just hit the crossbar. The whistle goes and it's a clear victory for the Purples in what was seen on the score sheet as a close match but was really not."

The bell had gone and everyone was squandering to their lines with the last hugs and kisses to parents which would be the last interaction with them until home-time.

"Lines... NOW!" , shouted Miss Denison. We all sprinted like lighting bolts to our line it was Miss. Deison after all. She stared at me and ushered me inside the school: I was so frightened and felt so pygmy and little as everyone stared at me. What was going to happen? What did I do? I stood outside her office for a good 15 minutes until she told me I could come in. What was going to happen?