Chapter. 6

Well, it is good that you have troops." Peter told Caspian as the two lead the Narnians from the front. Aliyah had been strolling behind them the entire time, feeling useless because she could not understand their discussions about the battle tactics and strategies they had mentioned. But one thing Aliyah was certain of was that the tension between them was gradually dissipating.

"Why didn't you tell me about the prophecy?" Aliyah asked Edmund.

Aliyah turned and looked at him; his face deep in thought as he walks by her silently. In contrast with the others, he seemed to be unhappy with the fact that she is the girl that was named in the so-called prophecy.

Not that she believed in it fully but she was marveled at the faith and hope the Narnians held within them when they still look up to their Kings and Queens with dignity and willing to follow them without a word of doubt despite so many years had passed.

"I had my reasons." He answered with an unexpectedly short reply.

"What did the prophecy say?" She asked, but Edmund gave no reply.

She instantly pulled him aside while the rest moved by them with a significant look which Aliyah recognized straightaway. It is the same look that they gave to the Pevensie siblings and she is determined to find out why.

"What are you doing?" Edmund asked Aliyah. He kept his poker face as he watched Lucy move past them with a knowing smile on her face.

"I can't hold it in anymore, Edmund. I need to know the truth." She told him, desperately. "Why are they looking at me like that?"

"You will know it when the time comes." He replied and he tried to join back the group but Aliyah blocked his way by stepping a little closer to him, too close in fact that they were just inches away from each other's face.

"No." Aliyah said stubbornly, ignoring the close gap between them. "I want to know it now. It seems like the whole world knows about this damn prophecy except for me."

Edmund looked away as he contemplated inwardly if he should to tell her the truth. It was a simple prophecy as it seems but it turned out to be something that matters a lot to him personally and somehow or rather he knew that Aliyah will know it eventually from the others if he continues to keep his mouth shut.

"Edmund, please tell me who I am." she pleaded.

"You're the one who unites us together." Edmund finally gave in as he told her. "You are the reason that we are here. They believe that because of you, we are able to defeat the Telmarines and help Caspian to reclaim back his throne. At least this is how I interpreted it."

"Oh." Aliyah stared at him as thousands of questions begin forming in her mind. "But I'm a nobody. I know nothing about Narnia. I can't possibly fight like you guys!"

"Sometimes you just have to believe the prophecy and yourself. It turns out to be right somehow." He explained, his face full of unwillingness. "It works well for my siblings and I."

"Then why are you so upset unlike the others?" Aliyah asked. "You don't seem happy that I am part of the prophecy."

Edmund shifted his eyes as he met her brown eyes, staring back at him and realizing the intimate distance between them. His heart racing faster than it ever did before as he maintained his calm demeanor before he loses his mind and sanity. He could not bear telling her the truth, as much as he wanted to, because he himself is uncertain about the future.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your majesty," the dwarf who doubted Aliyah's identity previously walked over and bowed to them with Trumpkin by his side, interrupting their conversation. "I'm afraid you have to rejoin the group before we lost anyone of you again."