Building Good Characters start at Home To Becoming Good Manager - IAM Group LTD

Character building should start when we are young. Whatever values we learn from our parents and on how we were brought up and through the influences of what is around us should be further applied and enhanced when we are already starting our careers, in our prime.

There are many opportunities to promote good character in the workplace, in the homes of employees and in the community. Managers should constantly strive to think of (and employ) creative means of stressing the importance of good character in the workplace and the home.

Like parents who train their child to become better individuals through being a good example, we should also set an example to our subordinates. IAM Group Ltd. is here to help you in character building (you do not want to be called cranky, do you?).

The Pillars of Character

1.Trustworthiness

Customers, employees, and vendors can justifiably have confidence and faith in you. "Walk the talk." Try to be ethical and honest in all business dealings. Never reveal proprietary information and do not tolerate lying, stealing or deception. We know it is hard to keep this but when you have proper training, you might just as well make it.

2.Respect

Treat everyone with courtesy, politeness and dignity, valuing individual and cultural differences in your workplace and among those you serve. Listen to communicate openly with each other and with customers. Build mutual respect and long-term working relationships. Be open to different opinions than yours. You might encounter a person truly opposite of you. You should learn to accept that and just let him be on what he wants to be. It does not matter whether he is from Nagasaki or Yokohama Japan or someplace else remote. All it takes is a little respect and equality.

3.Responsibility

Always and always, IAM Group Limited continuously repeats this aspect. Be accountable for the services and products you provide. Don't make excuses. Accept responsibility for your workplace decisions. Be reliable and fulfill all obligations. Don't over promise your colleagues and clients.

4.Fairness

Listen intently to the concerns of customers, employees and vendors. Be partners with them and view it your responsibility to help them achieve success. Listen to your employees and make decisions, which affect them only after careful and appropriate consideration.

5.Caring

This may be an irony of what you perceive of the workplace. Employees, especially middle managers to executives seem too cold in their approach. Learn the opposite. Truly care about each and every customer, employee and vendor with whom you relate both internal and external to our organization. They are humans too. Be committed to building lasting relationships to our mutual benefit. Be concerned about those we serve.

6.Citizenship

Play by the rules. Keep proper records and follow financial reporting procedures. Follow all laws and regulations to the tee. Our community is important to us. Strive to make it a better place to live and work. Be willing to give of your resources to serve.

- See more at: http://www.iamgroup-limited.com/character-building-brings-you-to-the-top/#sthash.Zs6MdKZV.dpuf