Sudden Crisis ?!

Hancock silently looked in the direction of her vanquished foe while breathing heavily.

'That was closer than I wanted it to be. Because of its long limbs and speed, I was forced to abandon caution and fight up close. My haki protected my vitals, but it was still dangerous.'

Hancock's clothes were almost rags at this point. They were also stained with traces of her blood.

'That thing's defenses were no joke either. I had to use all of my haki to ensure it was down.'

She lightly stomped her feet.

"My legs are getting numb. Using two full-powered Perfume Femur Magna on two tough opponents back to back is taxing. I don't think I can use it again for the day with consequences."

Hancock placed her finger on her chin.

"Have I been too laxed on my training? I haven't really gotten that many chances to fight other than at Marineford. Could my slacking off resulted in me getting weaker?"

Hancock entered deep thought.

"Hancock! Hey, Hancock!"

Her body flinched. She turned around and saw Luffy walking towards her.

"Oh, Luffy!"

She ran and pounced on Luffy.

"I'm so glad you're alright."

She rubbed her cheek on his.

"Haha, I'm glad you're ok too. But it looks like the River Boss gave you a rough time."

Luffy looked at her clothes and wiped the small trail of blood running down her face.

"Don't worry, Luffy. It was a piece of cake."

Hancock was all smiles as Luffy was grinning at her.

A shadow cast over her face causing her to look to her side. There stood an 11-foot-tall Beast covered in white fur with a reptilian torso. It had a pair of black bull horns, gills on its neck, and a thick scorpion tail.

"........."

Hancock's eyes slowly widened at the sight of the beast.

"Lu—"

Her world was instantly darkened.

"........"

Hancock slowly opened her eyes. Her vision was blurry and her ears were ringing. It took some time before her senses came back to her.

*Bam!*

An explosive sound forced her to sit up. She looked and saw a heavily wounded Luffy standing before her. He was in a fistfight with the monster who appeared earlier.

"Luffy!"

"Stay down, Hancock! He'll use his tail to attack you before you get up!"

Hancock's body froze. The monster glanced at her while trading blows with Luffy. His fur was stained with blood, but she can't tell if it was his or Luffy's.

'What's happening?'

She started remembering what happened before she passed out.

The monster appeared out of nowhere without either she or Luffy sensing it.

"Lu—"

In the middle of calling Luffy, Hancock noticed the monster was aiming to attack him. So she pulled him out of the way and threw him. The monster immediately turned its attack to her. It pierced her abdomen with its tail. However, she was able to step back before it could penetrate too deep. She readied herself to attack but was quickly robbed of her consciousness.