Salem, Massachusetts

A young boy, Thackary Binx is suddenly awakened. He looks around the room for his sister, Emily. "Emily? Emily?!" From outside he can hear the sultry voice of Sarah Sanderson singing to the children of the village. He runs outside. "Emily?" He then runs over to his friend. "Elijah! Elijah, has thou seen my sister, Emily?" He asked. "Nay, but look." He points to the Sanderson cottage in the woods where smoke comes from the chimney. "They conjure." Thackary looks and sees Emily following Sarah into the woods. " Oh God, the woods!" He runs closer to the edge of the village. "Emily!" "She's done for." Elijah said. Thackary grabs Elijah by the shirt. "Not yet! You wake my father! Summon the others! Go!!" Thackary follows Emily into the woods. "Emily!!" Thackary manages to fall down several hills and wade through shallow creeks to get to the Sanderson home. "Come child." Sarah said. Emily follows Sarah into the house. Thackary looks in the window and sees Emily surrounded by the Sanderson Sisters, Sarah, Mary, and Winifred. Winifred is the leader of the sisters, she has red hair and dresses in shades of green. Mary is next, she's a little on the plump side. She has black hair and dresses in shades of red. Sarah, is the final sister, and she seems a little ditzy. She has blonde hair and dresses in shades of purple. Emily spots him and sits up. The sisters turn to the window but Thackary ducks out of sight. Sarah and Mary go and look out the front door to look for Thackary, but he's hiding and they can't see him. Winifred throws open a window and looks around. "Oh look, another glorious morning. Makes me sick! Sisters!" Winnie shouted. "Yes Winnie?" Sarah asked. "Coming Winnie. Right away. Sorry." Mary said. "Must have been an imp." Winnie goes over to her spell book and talks to it like a child. "My darling, my little book. We must continue with our spell now that our guest of honor has arrived. Wake up. Wake up, darling. The book wakes up. "Yes, well come along. There you are. Mary!" Winnie said.

"Right here, Winnie. Right here. Sorry." Mary said. "Hello, hello." Winnie said to her spell book. "I notice sister Sarah isn't helping." Mary said. "I lured the child here." Sarah said. Winnie grabs Mary's ear. "Leave her be, she has done her chore." She let's go of Mary's ear. "You're right, I'm wrong." Mary and Sarah make faces at each other. "All right. 'Tis time!" The book opens and flips itself to a certain page. "There it is. 'Bring to a full rolling bubble. Add two drops oil of boil." She moves to pick up the oil of boil but Mary is there before her. "I got it. It's heavy. You do that, I'll do this." She adds the oil of boil to the cauldron. "Six, but the hour with the herb that's red. Turn three times, pluck a hair from my head." Winnie said. Thackary sneaks inside and watches the witches from the second floor landing. "Add a dash of fox and a dead man's toe. Oh, a dead man's toe and make it a fresh one." Winnie said. "Dead man's toe." Sarah begins singing. Then Mary and Sarah begin tossing toes at each other. Finally Winifred has had enough and steps in to stop them. "Will you two stop that? I need to concentrate." Winnie said. "Sorry. She needs to concentrate." She pauses and takes a sniff of the air. "I smell a child." Mary said. "What doest thou call that?" Winnie points to Emily. "A child?" Mary asked. "Hah! Sisters, gather round. One thing more and all is done, add a bit of thine own tongue." They each take a bite of their tongues and spit them into the cauldron. "Oh, Winnie, thou art divine." Mary said. "'Tis ready for tasting." Winnie takes a spoon and dips it in the potion. "One drop of this and her life will me mine. I mean, ours. All right, girl. Open up your mouth." Winnie said. "No!" Thackary shouted. The sisters look up in surprise.

"A boy!" Sarah said. "Get him you fools!" Winnie shouted. "I got him! I knew I smelled a boy!" Mary shouted. Thackary manages to escape and runs over to the cauldron. "Get away from my potion." Winnie demanded. Thackary turns the cauldron over, and the potion spills out. "Ahhh! My potion!!" She shouted. "Emily!!" Thackary almost reaches her but Winifred hits him with blasts of electricity and he drops to the ground. "Winnie? Winnie, look." Mary points at Emily who has somehow ingested some of the potion. Emily's life force is glowing. "Sisters, prepare thyselves. 'Tis her life force. The potion works. Take my hands, we will share her!" Winnie said. "Oh Winnie, how generous of thee." They go over to Emily and begin to suck away her life force. "Sisters, behold!" Winnie said. "I am beautiful! Boys will love me!" Sarah said. "We're young!" Mary claps her hands. "Well, younger. But it's a start! Sisters!" The sisters begin to do a little dance. "Winifred, thou art a mere spring of a girl." Mary said. "Liar. But I shall be a spring forever once I suck the lives out of all the children of Salem." Winnie looks at Thackary. "Let's view another batch." She said. "You hag! There are not enough children in the world to make thee young and beautiful." Thackary snapped. "Hag?" Winnie hissed. "Uh oh." Mary said. "Sisters, did you hear what he called you? Whatever shall we do with him?" Winnie asked.