Living a Nightmare

Hugo screamed.

Not again. Not again.

He would not go in, not this time. Not this--

And yet, when his parents and his big sister walked up the steps and through the entrance of Gringotts bank, and his mother called for him to hurry up or they'd be late, he still followed them inside. He still waited for a goblin to escort them into a cart. He still got off when they cart stopped at his family's vault. He still waited for his parents to collect their galleons and get back into the cart. He still was too occupied looking down the tunnel and wondering how long it was, and if someone had ever seen the end of it, and what if the cart ever broke? Would one have to make it all the way on foot?

He still didn't notice the cart pulling away, he still didn't hear his sister laugh at something their mom had said as his family disappeared behind the corner.

He only noticed when it was too late.
Why was it always too late when it came to Hugo? Why?
Now he was left in the dark, alone, with nothing but the unsettling sound of water drops falling from the stalacatite at the top of the tunnel.

Suddenly his mind filled with too-vivid images he had barely even let himself imagine when he'd listened to tales of people starving there, underground and unheard. Unwanted images of men and women and children locked into their own vaults flashed in his mind. When would the next cart pass? Would ge be able to survive till then?
He shook his head as if to try thinking clearly.

His mom and dad would surely be back soon, right? They'd come to his rescue and mom would take his hand and sing softly to him until they reached the light of the world over the ground.

He waited. And waited. And waited. And waited some more. But after hours and hours and nights and days he lost all the hope. He let reality sink in.

No one would come to his aid.

Hugo Granger-Weasley realized he didn't have other options but to scale the tunnel himself.

He walked and ran, following the rails higher and higher. Then he stopped abrumptly. The rails were suspened in the air from then on. He took a deep breath and put a foot on the rail. One foot followed the next, and soon he was halfway through. He looked down. There was nothing but void under him. It was too deep to see the end.

He breathed deeply again to keep his head from spinning. He forced his feet to keep walking, but he stopped dead as he heard a sound, nearly losing his balance. It was getting nearer and nearer. The rails shook. He tried to think of something, anything---
Wham!

Something big and full of people crashed against him with a force he had never dreamed possible. He heard someone scream, and then he was

falling

falling

falling

falling

falling

falling

falling

fall--

"Hugo?! Are you all right? Oh my God, are you hurt? You look as if you're going to vomit." A very concerned and frantic-looking Ryan Pocus was looking down at him with wide eyes, his hands still shaking Hugo's shoulder. "Are you awake?"

"Y-yes," managed Hugo.

"What happened?" Asked Ryan, his eyes still comically wide and his face very serious.

"It's nothing."

"It isn't nothing, Hugo Granger-Weasley! If you haven't noticed, you are covered in sweat and shaking from head to foot, not to mention you were tossing and turning like mad, and when I got up to see how you were you screamed. I mean, you actually screamed."
Ryan always talked so fast that Hugo had truble to keep up.

After The War (Romione & Hinny fan fiction) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें