Be Careful

This is the 5th time my phone is ringing on a bloody Saturday. As far as i remember, I didn't turn on any alarms for today.

I took my phone from the table beside my bed and boom. 5 missed calls from +443629474902 [note: fake number, dont call]
Worried if it could be one of the workers from Conrad, i called the number.

"Hello?" I said softly with my morning raspy voice.
"Meeting at 9am, if you're late, you'll be doing overtime."
"Wait what, who are you?"
"Iver."
"Iver who?"
"9am, Conrad. Don't. Be. Late." and this unknown just ended the call.

Give me a break for once dear god. At first I was hesitating whether i should actually be there because who the hell was that, but since it's a meeting, i'm afraid it's an important meeting and they'll need me.

————————————————————————

I knocked on the door and entered abruptly because i was 5 minutes late

I knocked on the door and entered abruptly because i was 5 minutes late. There, my first sight lied on him, the stubborn, arrogant CEO i have. I dont even remember his name.

The room went dead silent when i entered. I froze at the door for a solid 5 seconds until i saw Andrew tilting his head, indicating that i should enter asap.

"Sorry." I said while rushing to an empty seat beside Andrew.

"You may continue Jasper" he said with a dead serious face.

"As i was saying, the price value of our company has increased 3.6% compared to last month's 1.5%. Inflation of 0.86% had been subsided since we launched our news app and gained approx 67% reach from local and international readers."

Whew, my first meeting feels like im in some UN conference.  But hey, i'm enjoying it so much. It's so my thing.

"Alright, thank you everyone for today. Meeting dismissed. Except Ms. Elizabeth. Stay." He said while typing fast on his macbook keypad.

"Goodluck Nav, i'll pray for you." Andrew whispered to my ears then left. Leaving me all alone in the room with him. In silence except that keypad sound.

God. I'm not your strongest soldier. Another battle.

"Yes.. uh sir?" I said with a low pitched voice.
"Whats my name?" He asked, his eyes glued on his macbook screen, probably writing a report or something.

"Uh, Ian.. right?"
He stood up, then soft-slammed his macbook.

"Follow me"
"Where"

Before i could even get his reply, he left the room. Of course i rushed out and went after him like a chicken. Turns out we're heading to his office room.

The moment both of us entered his room, he asked "What are you, a child?"

Woa son, getting in your fight zone a little too fast no? You're really about to get my mouth turn into a lightning yeah?

"Me? A child? Its the other way around i suppose"

"You're seriously fighting like a kid, can't you atleast be a bit professional"

"You brought me here for this? Aren't you the one starting this?

"I brought you here for a reason, you clearly don't know work ethics don't you Ms Elizabeth."

"Mr Iver I dont think anything good will turn out the longer i stay in here"

Now, he walks towards me. He kept on walking towards me though he's so near to me, forcing me to take my steps backward.

"And what's going to happen exactly, hm?"
"I- you're walking too-"
"Answer Elizabeth, what is it?"

My steps backward went faster until i hit on his bookshelves and he immediately locked me in that position with his hand gripped to the side of the bookshelf.

"Elizabeth, you are my personal assistant. You must be with me all the time at work. Meetings are held every Saturday morning and you must attend because it is a working hour for me. You need to fit yourself in my schedule and any thing that goes wrong, it's all on you."

"Clear?"

He leaned towards my ear and lectured me. His rough and masculine voice sent shivers down my spine. His soft raspy voice made me nervous again. But hey, this asshole isn't going to intimidate me again. I know what to do with you.

...........................................................................

Iver's POV:

"You are getting from me Elizabeth" I said under my breath. My fifth time calling her and finally, one century later she finally picks up.

"Hello?"
"Meeting at 9am, if you're late, you'll be doing overtime."
"Wait what, who are you?"
Did you just asked.. who am i. Maybe she isn't the best replacement after all.
"Iver."
"Iver who?"
"9am, Conrad. Don't. Be. Late." I ended the call abruptly, annoyed at the fact that my 'PA' doesn't even know my name. That's really odd of her. Almost all girls I've met will atleast flirt with me the slightest way, but she isn't. 

And there she is. Stood there like I just murdered someone. I looked at her dead in the eye, trying to intimidate her once again. And finally she moved to her seat. Beside Andrew ofcourse. Chick magnet even after being married. Must be nice huh.

During the meeting, I observed her attitude and focus regarding what is discussed- and honestly, she listens to everyone's presentation attentively and really dig into what they've got to say. Very impressed. You got my attention now.

Once the meeting was over, i dismissed everyone except her, for being late ofcourse. I mentally dragged her to my office.

"What are you, a child?" I said, knowing she would get  very mad with that. I love seeing her getting mad. She looks adorable.
And so we argued, slowly i can see she's getting afraid of me. Hence, i took this opportunity to give her a slight scare.

I argued while walking towards her, without stopping leaving her no choice but to step backwards all the way until she hits my book shelf. This was when i first start to notice how beautiful and gorgeous she actually is. Pink lips, blushed cheeks, round eyes, sharp nose, perfectly tied hair, her slim body and her hourglass body shape. Especially when she's wearing skirts, her fair and sexy legs never fails to catch my attention.

I locked her in that position, leaning towards the bookshelf. I know damn well she is frightened by now. Her cheeks are hot red. God, she's so fucking beautiful. Her features are so perfect, it feels like im falling in love. STAND UP IVER DONT BE WEAK.

I lectured her good. Suprisingly, she's all silent. All she did was look into my eyes for a split second then break contact and continue looking at my chest. Her perfume scent makes me attracted to her even more, god. She's so perfect.

But i gotta keep all this emotion aside. I need to be professional. I cant let romance and work diffuse together. Its harmful to me, and my job.

 Its harmful to me, and my job