Volume 1 - XV

<< chapter 15 >>

~ Duty ~

True love is selfless, it is prepared for sacrifices

§|§|§|§|§

Hiya tied her hand with Ishan's and murmured a mantra. She waited for an hour and then, a miracle happened.

___________

5 years ago

"But why?" Hiya asked the saint.

Her family had visited the holy place, Kashi. She saw a saint and decided to give him some 'Dakshina'.

The saint stopped her and examined her face keenly. He then asked her to sit beside him.

"Because it's in your destiny to know that holy chant." He replied to the question Hiya asked as to why she had to know the chant.

The saint taught her the two line phrase.

Madri never wanted Hiya to use this and she'd warned her if it happens, she won't talk to Hiya.

___________

"Yuvraj has regained consciousness!"

Everybody thanked god and rejoiced. They went inside the room to check in on how Yuvraj was feeling.

****

"Careful, Yuvraj." Hiya held Ishan's arm as he was trying to sit up.

He swatted her hand away and sat up himself.

"I don't need your help, Thank You." Ishan replied politely, but insulting Hiya's gesture.

Just then, all came in and their happiness knew no bounds.

"Thankyou god! Thankyou so much. You've given all of us our lives back." Spoke Jaisingh with immense relief.

The past two weeks were a nightmare for the Arora family. It was their luck that Ishan was alive and healthy now.

Jyotsana saw Hiya's eyes closing.

"You should take some rest." She said looking at her.

Hiya smiled and nodded at her.

Just as she was about to move out to freshen up, she found her vision blur and the world spinning.

The young girl laid unconscious on the ground.

****

"You two are useless!"

Aasif Khan.