Prologue

"Are you okay, Eden? You've just lay in here all day," Brody Chambers says as he walks into his girlfriend Eden Cavanaughs room and leans against the door frame.

It was a decent sized room with a double bed right in the center of the room, a bookshelf behind, a vintage desk with a typewriter and a laptop on top and a built in closet to the right and a en-suite bathroom to the left.

"I'm fine, Brody. Tired, that's all," she says as she gives him a small smile.

"You've been acting different lately, distant," he walks in and sits at the foot of her bed placing his hand on her left shin.

"Ali's body was found a week ago, how do you expect me to be acting?"

"I don't know, you didn't act like this when she went missing."

"I guess I still had some hope she'd be alive."

"Just think of it this way - now that she's been found she can be put to rest."

She lets out a small sigh. "She shouldn't have to be, she's only sixteen."

"I know, Eden," he says laying down next to her and pulling her close to him kissing her head and stroking her hair. "Do you want to go out somewhere? For a walk maybe?"

She shakes her head as she rests her head against Brody's chest and curls her legs up, making herself almost look like a ball. "Just want to lay here."

"Get some sleep," he says as he pulls a blanket over the both of them.

The loud chime of Edens phone receiving a text filled the now silent room. Reaching over Brody she grabbed her phone and unlocked it. 'Little miss Eden can't tell anyone what she knows without someone getting hurt. Sleep tight. Kisses - A' was what the message read. Turning her phone off she lays back down.

"Who was that?"

"Just Toby."

"Isn't he just next door," he asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yea, he finds it easier texting rather than coming through. It's the only peace he gets in there, the only place he can avoid Jenna."

Brody lets out a laugh and says, "Get some sleep," as he kisses Edens head. "Goodnight."

~*~

A/N: Please leave feedback I would love to know how I am doing so far.