𝟬𝟭𝟮. offical statements

STREETS -
act one chapter twelve.

TW: mentions of assault and inflictions of violence against women.

liked by: aliciahugo, carlossainz55, alex_albon, mercedesamg, georgerussell and 3,526,272 others

williamsracing: As a team, Williams has been working on the correct way to address what has happened to our driver, Alicia Hugo. There was a loss of words at first. And we have waited until the moment Alicia was ready to speak out on the assault that took place on the weekend of the Zandvoort Grand Prix.

Alicia was subject to an assault the evening of qualifying. And there's almost no words to describe the shock and disgust. The attack was planned and happened to her simply because of her gender. This will not and should not happen ever again.

It disappointing to even have to write this statement, and shocks the team that there are not as many people accepting the fact women can be in this sport.

The comments made about Alicia recently have not gone unnoticed, we understand you may have trouble accepting the fact she is now a driver in formula one but simply get used to it.

Our team principal, Jost Capito, would like to add: 'A driver has never been doubted or under minded as much as ours. I am often still in disbelief this happened and as a sport we should be working to fix the clear misogyny that runs in our sport. This is not a matter we can brush under a rug and pretend it never happened because it did. And if we do not improve the safety of drivers or women at races, we should not race at all.'

Do not support formula one if you cannot support all the drivers and do not support us if you can't accept that a woman is doing a better job than you would.

view all 2,363,289 comments.

author: i doubt this how a team would address an assault but it's the way i have depicted it.

userone: sorry??? she waits almost two weeks to even post a statement and we're supposed to believe her
usertwo: @userone so because she simply waited to weeks to accept the assault which happened to her you can't believe her? an assault is not a matter that happens to you and you simply accept it, it takes acceptance and a lot of thinking. i don't blame alicia for waiting, she needs time to understand why and what happened to her. you should not rush a victim for a statement nor should you not believe a victim simply because they waited two weeks to talk about it.

userthree: the formula one account liking this but not posting a statement???
userfour: they'll post campaigns about bullying but not for assault, classic f1

userfive: i'm glad that alicia is making a statement about her assault because it's nerve wracking and a lot of people won't understand the pain she is going through.
usersix: someone should do it again so she understands the pain a second time around @userfive
userfive: and you should seek some help if you think it's correct to respond to an assault like this. some people are truly scary.