ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 31

♬ He shows me how he feels
But I just can't feel the same
'cause all he's ever been is a body to fill the spaces ♬

Mia Bakker POV

Months went by fast, really fast. We are in Abu Dhabi and this is a nerving wreck, this championship will be decided by this race. My dad was holding my mom's hand, Sophie and I held hands too while Emilia just wandered around looking at all the screens. The last lap was happening and I feel my heart break seeing Lewis in front of Max, until out of nowhere Max passes him and he wins! Max won!

Everyone started screaming and hugging each other. We were ecstatic. As soon as Max stopped the car we were waiting for him, his eyes searched for me as soon as he took the helmet off and he kisses me and then gives Em a kiss on the forehead.

It was crazy, the next hours were crazy, we couldn't believe it. We knew it could happen but it was so unreal to see all this happening. The champagne was sprayed everywhere when he celebrated with the team, every driver came to congratulate him, including Lewis. We found ourselves contemplating everyone celebrating and I smile.

"You are my good luck charm" Max says hugging me and I smile even more.

"Congratulations baby. I always told you that you are a champion and a winner" I say and he nods.

"You were the person who believe me the most. If it wasn't for you, I would've probably given up by now " He says happily.

"I love you Max. You are the 2021 Formula 1 Champion. Own it" I say and he picks me up spinning me around.

"Let's go to the hospitality, I need to change clothes, these have way too much champagne" He says and I nod

"Congratulations kid, we always knew you would make it this far" My dad says and Max smiles proudly.

"I had to make something out of all the times you had to come to get me when my dad didn't get his way" He says and I try not to laugh.

"Max, can you give me one of your sweats? They got me with the champagne" I say and he nods, everyone stays in the common room and I follow him to his room.

"Thank you for being here" He says giving me a passionate kiss and pinning me against the wall, shirtless should I say.

"You don't have to thank me, but even your kisses taste like champagne" I say letting out a laugh.

"Do you like the champagne?" He asks finally taking the rest of his suit off and I just watch him picking up a new outfit so we could go home. When we got out he would take a shower, get dressed and go out to celebrate while Em stayed with his mom and my parents.

"Yeah, I didn't properly taste it today but you gave it to me before" I say and he nods.

"Do you want some? I can get you a bottle" He says but I shake my head.

"I prefer not to. Who's going to the party later?" I ask and he shrugs.

"I still don't know. Lando, Charles, Pierre, and George already confirmed they are going. Sergio and Christian will be there too for sure" He says getting closer to me.

"Do I have something wrong on my face?" I ask confused at the fixated look he was giving me.

"I would prefer to celebrate it just with you" He says running his hand through my hair.

"We will celebrate when we get back to the hotel, don't worry" I say running my hand down his chest.

"Don't tease me, you know I wouldn't go to that after-party if you asked me not to" He says and I push him.

"Get dressed, we have to get dinner, get a shower, and change so we can go to the party" I say and he nods. He gives me one of his Red Bull sweats, I take the one I previously bought and put that one on.

"Can we take the shower together?" He asks after getting dressed.

"Of course, we always do" I say and he smiles.

"Are you happy to get some rest from all the travelling?" He asks while we went to meet our parents at their table and I nod.

"I couldn't be happier, this is good but it's chaotic to travel so much" I say and he laughs.

"Thank you for doing it for me, you can stay home more next year if you want" He says but I shake my head.

"I will see how it goes but I will still travel with you until September maybe. Em will enter primary school in September" I say and I think it caught him by surprise.

"It's true, I've forgotten that. But we can homeschool her if you want or you can come to the European races and she can get a good education in whatever school in Monaco you think it's best" He says and we sit down.

"We can talk about it later" I say and we order our food.

We eat quickly because everyone was waiting at the after-party, we get there and a lot of people were already there, including a lot of the Red Bull staff. The place was huge and I sat down for a bit which caused me to get lost but I don't think Max will notice it.

"What are you doing here by yourself?" I hear Carola asking and I just shrug.

"I'm just resting, I'm tired. I just want him to have a good time and he is full of energy right now" I say as she sat by my side.

"He is talking to Sergio and Christian, you should be by his side. I think he was looking for you" She says and I prepare to get up.

"Thank you for warning me, have a good night" I say and she grabs my wrist.

"When are you going to tell him?" She asks and I look confusedly at her.

"Tell him what?" I ask and she lets go of my hand while getting up too.

"Just tell him, I am not dumb" Carola says leaving to find Sergio and I try to find Max quickly, does she really know?

-----------------------

Hello!

As everyone knows Charles' story will end, in precisely two chapters. The story that was most voted on was Lewis, which will be posted at the same time as this chapter so go there and take a peek.

Any requests or doubts you can message me, I'm friendly. If you just want to talk my messages are open too of course.

Thank you and have a good day/night