The Return

Avra looked at the Mystic falls sign board in melancholy and sighed.

The town held her deepest memories- some good but most awful. She did not want to revisit the past and had moved on a long time ago but circumstances had forced her hand. 

She had received news of a new Petrova doppelganger and was aware that it would soon reach the ears of most of the supernatural community as well. She knew trouble would soon ensue in the quaint little town of Mystic Falls, where "nothing bad ever happened" and had to get a head start.

While she did not adore death, carnage and destruction, if it were to occur, she would at least control the chaos. She, personally had no qualms with the doppelganger, but her blood was a powerful catalyst and she, herself could be a catalyst to the destruction of species. And if nothing, at least a good bargaining chip with powerful people. And well, Avra was incredibly powerful and in search of power. So to Mystic falls she went.

Nature had really fucked the Petrova line over, huh. Made them a supernatural beacon for blood suckers and other moths with no way to defend themselves, but she would not deny that the Petrova women had their charms, their way of getting things done. That's what made them interesting, having men wrapped around their fingers to do their dirty work while they sat back and watched. And Avra had to respect that.

"Here goes everything." She muttered and pushed her luggage along while trying to hail a taxi.

***

While taking a lovely night stroll across town, She came upon a carnival bustling with activity. Deciding to grace the mere mortals with her presence, She wandered from stall to stall, eating tacos and getting ice-cream. While biting into her ice cream, she noticed a commotion, people hunching over in pain, with police officers injecting tranquilizers and carrying them off to god knows where. Curious, She smelled the vervain that was deposited in the tranquilizing needles.

She clicked her tongue in understanding. It was only the vampires that were falling down.

"Oh, the Bennet Device! This would be interesting. Emily was truly a remarkable witch, shame she was bound to Katherine." She thought.

She was an old, old vampire. Measly tricks as such could barely affect her. But nonetheless, She had made sure to make a deal with the Bennet witch when her spies, keeping tabs on Katherine, had informed her of a human-sympathizing witch having made a supernatural detection device. Deals with influential witch lines such as the Bennets were always profitable. Her life would be intertwined with generations of them.

It was when she spotted the fabled doe shaped eyes, now, that wasn't a face she had seen in a long time. A face exactly like Katherine and many others before her, but with a human heartbeat, hunching over trying to console a vampire, probably paralysed by the Bennet device. Intrigued, She decided to listen in to their conversation and follow them.

"With the danger she was in, It was unwise to parade around town like that. There was basically a million dollar bounty for her headhunt." Avra commented in her mind.

She could finally get a clear look at the vampire near her. Back then, She had been preoccupied with other matters such as her ice-cream, but now she couldn't see how she had failed to recognize him. Stefan Salvatore, The Ripper Of Monterey, in the flesh, with some sort of emotional connection with the doppelganger.

 She learnt that the doppelganger's name was Elena, Elena Gilbert. Her heritage was truly fascinating- She belonged to one of the most powerful magical lines and also to one of the most renowned supernatural hunters. The girl had always been half heaven and half hell.