[Chapter 20] Pt. 1

Epsilon disappeared. After the match, not even 5 minutes into the match though, they left, giving you and Raimon 10 days to train for the next match against them. So, now you'll be returning to Raimon to train for this upcoming match. Divinity thanks you and the team and then you all leave. You stare out the window, with no thoughts about Kageyama or anything really. You were just relaxing.

"(Y/N)?" Spoke too soon. You looked over to Kidou as he looked at you. You could tell through his goggles that he was worried about you.

"Yes?"

"What made you so angry?" He asked. You started to think of an excuse. Kageyama was your reason, but you didn't want to tell him, not yet anyway. You looked away from him, thinking it through. Then you spoke,

"I'm not strong enough to beat Aliea Academy..." You whispered.

"That's not true (Y/N), you-"

"Stop trying to reassure me!" You snapped, but immediately your features changed. "I'm sorry, I'm just tired of hearing it."

"Because you don't want to believe it. You have all these negative thoughts that you can't see the good in yourself anymore. Trust me, I've been at that low point."

"You know how that feels?" You asked him, feeling shocked. He nodded.

"When I was still in Teikou and lost to Zeus, I felt like a failure as a captain. Even though I was injured, I felt like I could've done better for my team. But, Endou and Gouenji helped me see that all those things I said about myself not being good enough were all in my head." He held your hand and made you look at him.

"I know you think that you'll never be good enough, but you just need some help to see your worth. And I'll help you with that." You smiled.

"Thank you." You hugged him. A warm, fluttery feeling rose in Kidou's chest. His cheeks turned pink and he held you closer and tighter. His heart felt so much emotion towards you, but he didn't even know what that emotion was. As you hugged, you opened your eyes and saw the girl staring at you two. Haruna looked like fangirling, and Aki and Natsumi just smiled at you two.

"What?" You mouthed to them. They shook their heads and looked away, except for Haruna who was just ready to yell, "(Y/N) likes Kidou!" You just rolled your eyes at her and pulled away from Kidou.

The bus stopped at a little shop, letting the team grab something to eat. You and the team walked out, walking into the store. You began to look for a snack.

"What's your favorite snack?" Kidou asked.

"(F/S). What's yours?" Kidou shrugged.

"I don't really have one."

"Come on! Everyone has a favorite snack!" You said. Kidou just laughed.

"Then I guess... anything with fruit." He answers. You laughed. Once you were all finished buying your treats, the light-hearted atmosphere changed. Endou was confronted by a boy. His hair was shaved to look like a mohawk and a red mark on one side of his head.

"Finally, you guys are here." He said.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"You're a student of Shin Teikou, am I correct?" Hitomiko asked.

"What?!" The team asked.

"That's right, I'm Fudou Akio." the boy introduces himself.

"Shin Teikou?" You asked. "Another Teikou team."

"Yeah," Kidou whispered to you.

"And if Kageyama is the coach, things are gonna get worse." Kidou thought. Fudou looked at you and Kidou.

"You're Kidou Yuuto, right?" Fudou asked. Kidou looked at him, anger in his eyes. "There are some guests that are wanting to see you. They're former members of Teikou Academy's soccer team."
"What?" Kidou asked, shocked. "You're lying!"

"How about we go see them?" He said, smiling evilly.