Mr. Kitty's Love Quest (Annie Bonnchuy X Neko Male Reader)

(Request by  hayboom88)

(Word Count: 2,617 words)

(Warning: Dark themes: Horror elements)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DING-DONG

DING-DONG

DING-DONG

Sluggishly, Annie rose from the couch and wandered over to the front door. She rubbed her sleepy eyes while reaching out for the door handle. She shot a glance over to the wall clock seeing it was nine o'clock in the evening. 'Who on earth is ringing the doorbell this late at night?' Annie thought while cautiously opening the door a few inches. She looked up to be met with a large burly man with bright ginger hair and piercing hazel eyes. He was dressed in a delivery man's uniform and seemed to be carrying a package of some kind along with a clipboard.

"Annie Boonchuy?" the man asked.

"Uh, yes? What do you want?" Annie sassed.

"You have a package and I need your signature here to say you got it..."

"I didn't order anything, sir...I think you may have the wrong house..." Annie replied quickly while quickly trying to shut the door.

"It's from Marcy Wu it says, with special instructions to have the recipient be home and sign as proof the delivery happened." He shrugged.

Annie offered him a skeptical look which prompted the man to show her the package. Sure enough, it was addressed to her by her best friend out of state. Curiosity kicked her skepticism to the curb as she swiped the box from the man's hands. She was about to close the door swiftly, but the delivery dude tapped his red pen against the clipboard. Annoyed, Annie scribbled her name sloppily on the line before slamming the door closed. In her arms, the medium-sized box rested.

"That was strange..." Annie murmured. She stepped away from the front door, moving toward her kitchen. Dropping the box off the table, Annie decided to rummage around in the junk drawer for the boxcutter. Thousands of questions raced through her mind about the contents hidden within this late-night surprise. Questions such as, 'Why was this package delivered so late? Why did Marcy send this? What's the occasion? What if it was a prank?' Unsuccessfully, she couldn't locate the boxcutter.

Settling on a pair of scissors, Annie sliced through the thin cardboard. Carelessly, she ripped up the packaging revealing a white envelope placed delicately on a colorfully wrapped parcel. Curiously, Annie opened the card up only to have a pile of rainbow glitter gushes out all over the kitchen table. 'Classic Marcy...' Annie let out a small chuckle whilst shaking her head. She brushed away the glitter to write a rushed note from her bestie.

It said, "Hey Anna Banana, Happy birthday you, old gizzard! I hope you don't burn the house down with all those birthday candles. Got you a little something to celebrate, I know you've been on a binge for old-timey video games. Wish I could visit you and Sasha to celebrate! But work is such a fun killer. Well, kisses and hugs, Marcy." Annie couldn't help but smile at the silly note. Gosh, how could she forget about her own birthday? Life had been so busy for her; she barely registers the fact that tomorrow was her birthday.

She took a seat peering at the parcel. Her mind slipped away into a lucid daydream reflecting on everything that's been happening to her. She was a twenty-year-old woman in college trying to get a bachelor's in life science to become a herpetologist. Whilst working part-time at the Aquarium of the Pacific to help cover student loans. Ever since her crazy frog-themed adventure about ten or so years ago left her wanting more than a simple life paying bills and surviving. But, being a college kid had restrained any chance of exploring the vast world she called home. Rather, she turned her seeking for adventure to old vintage video games. She would spend countless hours of her rare free time playing them.