Chapter 2: Old Profession

Tang Qiaoqiao put one hand below Shen Yue's neck, and the other hand passed under his legs. She directly 'princess carried' him to the bed.

"I don't want to do this either."

Cute and soft girls would not hug men like this.

"You! You let me go!"

Shen Yue's body suddenly stiffened, feeling a great humiliation. However, Tang Qiaoqiao's hands were like iron, and he was unable to move at all. Originally, his head was already dizzy, and with this excitement, he suddenly lost consciousness.

Tang Qiaoqiao put him on the bed and murmured, "You are too light."

The man was only wearing black silk pajamas. He seemed to be too skinny without any flesh at all. When she clasped his hands, she felt like she was holding bones.

She turned on the bedside lamp, and only then did she see the man's appearance.

His face has a mustache, his lips were chapped, his pale skin was flushed abnormally, and his forehead was covered with sweat.

Tang Qiaoqiao looked around the room and ran to the bathroom to get a hot towel to wipe his face.

In a daze, Shen Yue felt a pair of soft hands gently touching his eyebrows. He felt some heat applied to his face, and there was a burst of comfort in his heart.

Tang Qiaoqiao wiped his face while muttering, "Such a beautiful man when you are in peace and quiet."

Shen Yue's face is slightly thin. He has deep eye sockets, a high nose bridge, and thin lips without any curvature.

His eyes are also black and shiny. When he looked at her for a moment, it seemed like his eyeballs were about to suck her in.

'Wait, eyeballs?'

"Are you awake?" Tang Qiaoqiao met Shen Yue's opened eyes and sighed in relief, "I thought you have fainted..."

"Get out!" Shen Yue immediately exuded a deep low pressure when he woke up.

Tang Qiaoqiao smashed the towel in her hand. "You are really a dog biting Lu Dongbin. You don't know good people."

[T/N: The Chinese proverbs "dog bites Lu Dongbin" means an inability to recognize goodness and repay kindness with vice. In the legend, Lu Dongbin tried to help a trapped dog, but he got bitten instead.]

"Good people?" Shen Yue's thin lips raised a sneer, "We all know your purpose in marrying me. There is no need to pretend."

He pointed his finger at the bedroom door. "Now, you. Get out!"

"What? Do you want to die? You don't want to eat food or get someone to look at your illness?" Tang Qiaoqiao looked at him condescendingly, "I won't let you do what you want. If you're dead, it's me who would be unlucky."

The original owner agreed to marry Shen Yue because it could be said that she was climbing into a wealthy family. Her husband is paralyzed and disabled. Maybe he will return to the West soon, and then she will get a huge inheritance.

[T/N: Just in case it's not clear, "the West" here means afterlife, not Europe/North America.]

However, the Shen family would not be ignorant of such a simple concept. The prerequisites for her marriage to Shen Yue is if Shen Yue passes away within two years, then she will not get a penny, and she will face endless troubles.

The most important thing is that in the novel, Shen Yue didn't die at all but instead tortured himself more and more abnormally. In the later stage, he competed with the male protagonist for the Shen family's property. The death of the original owner also had something to do with him.