Step Out And Shine

Chapter 1

"Do you ever wish you could run away, not even pack a bag and just go?"I ask my best-friend as the rough cat-tongue sandpaper textured shingles of his roof was digging into my back. I don't mind really though it's not any worse than what my dad has done to me especially lately. He doesn't answer just lets the night air and the noises from the streets fill the silence, the warm humid summer night air settling around us like a cocoon. He doesn't need to say it I already know. We'd both give anything to get out of here, away from our families and our home life.

"Yeah I do."He finally says his voice almost distant as if he's been thinking about the idea more than I thought he was. He sits up and his eyes sparkle, something those golden green orbs of penetrating soul bearing expression haven't done in a long time, especially since his mom didn't get her promotion she promised which was supposed to bring his family out of their economical pit.

"I almost forgot to tell you." He says happily the excitement in his voice bouncing around in the cool silent evening air as he climbs down the maple tree we use to get up here. I follow him down. Maybe I should give him the number to my mom's psychiatrist, because I think he's crazy.....Or maybe he's bi-polar either way no sane person goes from extremely depressed to a-kid-in-a-candy-store-excited. Weirdo boy. But I haven't seen this excited since he found birthday cake ice-cream, rolling my eyes I let him tug me along to his beat-up ford. It barely runs and when it does it makes weird sounds and it's got so many problems along with the rust, but it's his. And he hasn't genuinely smiled like this in forever I'm kinda curious to see what has him so excited. He starts the car and it makes the usual gurgling grunt sound that means it wants to be difficult. Sighing he gets out kicking the side of the making rust shimmy off the side and the whole frame shake. He cursed and flipped the unsteady rickety hood. See what I mean he's either bi-polar, crazy, or on his man period. But you know........ Rolling my eyes I tie up my hair and roll up my button down plaid shirt, the boy has much car smarts as a typical stereotype blond cheerleader. Especially a truck this old, yeah he'll do more bad then good if I don't intervene. Getting out of the shaky truck I walk over to the front were Austin is leaned over the engine the heat making his slightly tanned skin glow in sweat. The strong muscles of his arms flexing underneath his t-shirt, as he pushes them against the sides to hold him up. He removes his shirt leaving him in only a thin wife beater that accentuates his tone taut rippling back, stomach, and chest muscles. His dirty blond golden brown burnt wood black hair falling over his eyes as the sweat starts dripping down his forehead making his hair stick to face and the wife-beater to mold against his upper body. It's moments like these when I feel more for my best-friend than just sisterly love. Shaking my head of the thoughts entering my head I move in front of him pushing him out of my way before I could rip the wife-beater off him and......yeah or before he could tell I was staring like a fat chick on a diet staring at chocolate. Turning around I look down at the engine. I stick my butt out while arching my stomach into the engine making oil smear over my white tank-top and my shirt while also making me sweat. No wonder it won't start it's over heated. Pushing my hands off the engine ignoring the burning sensation that coursed through me like fire snapping at me like a released rubber band releasing itself through me, I wipe the grease off my arm onto my face making my bangs stick to my cheeks. Turning around I see Austin standing a lot closer than I expected the look in his eyes surprised me, I saw desire and want. He started from my beat up worn out converse, traveling up my lanky long spindly kind of legs. Over my cut-off bleached jean shorts, up my tank-top as I push my plaid shirt down my arms since it just suddenly got a lot hotter, and I don't mean the heat of the summer night or his overheated beat-up truck, if you get my drift. His eyes got darker as he took in my overly curvy stomach and my medium sized chest. He met my gaze and the chills and shivers that ran through me as he ran his over me intensified as he looked in my eyes. His usual forest green stormy gray eyes completely black as they stared into my steel piercing icy blue gray eyes. He stepped closer pushing me back against the edge of the hood of his truck. I gulped. What is he doing? He reached behind me and shut his hood causing it to make a shaky boing dingaling like a slinky being dropped from the top of some stairs.

"Come on."Austin grunts huskily and I could've sworn I felt his eyes on my ass, but I shake it off walking into his house, more worried about the way his voice sounded. Like he wanted me, like he was restraining himself from doing something he thought he would regret. What is he worried about, me rejecting him. Please Austin's so Austin and I'm me........ Yeah the only thing he should worry about is how to let me down easily when it comes time for him to reject me, when my little moments get longer and more frequent. Plus why would I reject him he's my best-friend, the one guy...No let me correct that the only person in this stupid town who pays me more attention than to just show me pity. He's the only one that cares.......God guys are so stupid. Why would I push away the one person who's already making me want him more and more lately? I could fall in love with Austin. But the question is can I give him my beaten and battered heart and soul and no he won't hurt it and rip me apart. Questions, questions. The biggest one is. What the hell is going on with me? One hot moment with my best-friend and I want to jump his bones. Jeez. Austin races in front of me muttering something about me being slow, laughing I follow my best-friend up the stairs to his room. Chasing after the boy I'd follow anywhere. Oh Austin, what would I do without you? That's the million dollar question; which is why I can't tell him. Exactly. If I stand here any longer someone will know something's wrong with me. I'm not one to linger and start an awkward conversation, I've always been weird with other people except Austin he just gets me, and that makes our relationship so easy. Running to his room I try not to cringe at the chipping paint and disgusting floors opening his door I swallow the lump in my throat and try to act nonchalant at my best-friend's naked back and oh-so delicious muscles on clear display for me. If only......No I can't lose him therefore I can't tell him. It's like he wants me to suffer being so Mmmmm.... Yeah this whole keeping to myself thing is gonna be so easy. Pfft Yeah right. What the hell have I gotten myself into.

__________________________________

A/N

What do you think

This is a joint story on a joint account by SabrinaMarieScott and Trubldromance4evr

Hope you guys liked it

Tell us what you think

P.S. Picture to the side logan lerman as Austin tell us what you think of him

Comment

Vote

Fan

And LOVE us

Thanks for your support