the aftermath

(A/N: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR OVER 100 VOTES ON THE STORY!!!! :) THANK YOU ALL SOO MUCH FOR OVER 2K READS AS WELL!!! I hope you enjoy this chapter!!!!! Also I updated the description of the whole story, yippee!)

TW for this chapter: derealization, hinted character death, mentioned surgery, psychosis, hallucinations

The sun is just setting.

I sit on top of the roof of the apartment building, feeling the cold air against me.

I take a deep breath in, the clean air filling my lungs. And I breathe out. I forgot how calming this sort of thing can be...

Monika suggested trying yoga and Charlotte told her that I used to do it before but stopped. Monika said I should try it again... so I tried it. Monika could tell I didn't like it too much but she said to at least do some other things to calm myself... one of those being what I'm doing now.

It honestly doesn't make me feel better. But it made me relaxed. And Monika says that's good.

Speaking of her... Bryce found out on the news that Gregory, who was my boss at a job for a day and who was somewhat friends with Monika, was found where I last saw him... a day or two after. They were apparently presumed dead since they weren't breathing but he soon glitched on and tried to attack someone and then... disappeared again...? I'm not sure... my memory of it is kinda off...

But besides that... everything is "getting better." I think. 'Cause we're moving to a house soon... yeah... the apartment's really small.

Bryce and Charlotte have the same job because Charlotte isn't aloud to drive cause of her mold treatment- oh yeah. She got the treatment which ended up being a surgery. She refused to stay in the hospital too. Uh... anyway. Liam can't get a job yet and Monika and Bryce and everyone else agreed that I shouldn't get one either. But Airy has a job... he does these little arts and crafts things for parties and stuff.. Liam actually does this too with him in a wheelchair since his legs don't work for some reason. I don't remember why. But Liam goes with to make sure he doesn't freak out or anything. He makes sure no one asks for Airy's name... Airy doesn't remember his real name and only remembers using airy.

Bryce found Airy's real full name. He tried to tell him but Airy... he... started panicking...

I dunno.

I don't wanna look at the past, but I really miss the cave...

I... wonder if I can still go back...

Maybe I will.

But how?

Maybe I'll-

"Scenty!" Charlotte smiles and sits down next to me. "How's it going?"

"How's it... go- it's... it's fine...." I mumble.