𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - careless

The two sat down together in the classroom as the teacher smiled evilly at the class

"I'm going to make you watch a twenty-minute video, and for the last ten minutes you're here, you will have to answer a quiz."

Y/n's mouth drops slightly in shock. Why was he so mad about kids not paying attention?

She leans back with her arms crossed. "Fuck science," she murmurs. Bruce nods in agreement.

During the quiz, Y/n rubs her eyes. Some of these questions weren't even mentioned in the video. He was trying to torture the students.

Y/n feels a tap on her leg. It was Bruce. He was asking her for the answer. She subtly moves her paper next to him so he can copy it. The teacher looks up suddenly, and he looks away, hoping he wouldn't get caught.

They noticed that the teacher was getting drowsy, so they used it to their advantage. After taking each other's answers, they submitted their assignment while the teacher fell asleep and snuck out.

-

Bruce and Y/n jog out the door, laughing. They escaped him without him noticing. Behind them, other students snuck out as well. But they got caught, causing them to run faster before the teacher caught them.

They ran as fast as they could and somehow ended up at their spot. Bruce catches his breath as he sits down on the swing.

She follows him. "Shit, we were close," Bruce mentions, and the two laugh, still out of breath.

Y/n looks at her watch. 3 PM. She could stay for a bit.

"Why'd you hold my hand?" Y/n suddenly asks, causing him to fix his posture nervously.

"I noticed people looking, so I gave them what they wanted," he replies, kicking the dirt under his feet. Y/n nodded.

"The look on their faces when I did hold your hand was hilarious," Bruce snickered. "They looked so shocked."

Y/n laughs as well. "Well, everyone's gonna talk about us now."

"I don't care anyway. They can say what they want," he replies, looking at the sky. Y/n smiled and looked down in an attempt to hide it. He didn't care what everyone else thought about him and Y/n. 

"I'll walk you home," Bruce offers, holding out his hand. Y/n takes it, and they go home. 

-

On their way there, they bump into Robin and Finney. Robin smiles at Y/n and nods at Bruce, Bruce returning it. Finney stares, unsure of what to do. 

"So, you're going to the fair, right?" Robin asks, eating some candy. The two nod. 

"Yeah, we're going on a date there this Saturday," Bruce replies. Robin's eyes squint.

"Mind if I tag along?" Y/n turns her head to Bruce, and he does the same. Then they look at Robin, who's holding in his laughter. 

"Guys, I'm just fucking with you. See you there!" Robin snickers as he walks away with Finney, who chuckles with him. 

"You got them," he says as they turn the corner. 

Y/n laughs in embarrassment. She couldn't believe Robin would pretend that he would come with them on their date. 

A few minutes later, they finally arrive at Y/n's house. "See you tomorrow Bruce!" Y/n says. She looks at him for a moment, thinking if she should do it. 

Y/n leans in and kisses him on the cheek before going inside her house. Before she enters the door, she turns around, and Bruce stands there in shock, completely red. He touches the place where she kissed him as she giggles and goes inside the door.

Standing by the window was her mother, her arms crossed and her eyebrows raised. 

"I thought he wasn't your boyfriend?" She asks, making Y/n run upstairs in embarrassment. 

After a moment, she realizes she doesn't regret it at all. It was worth it to finally see Bruce, so flustered like Y/n always was. She laughs at the thought of it. 

He's so cute.

-

A/N:
a little short chapter for u guys !! 
the next one will be the fair...aka the last chapter!! 
i'm sorry to the people who enjoyed this, i love this story sm. 
but i will release a vance book sooner or later after i edit both my robin and bruce fics! it may take me a week or two to release it even though i'm on break soon bc i still need to plan the fic out and all of that yk?
anyway, hope u enjoyed, ily all !
omg its so late rn i didn't realize AHAHAH