EIGHTEEN

(CHAPTER 18 - TRUE NORTH)

🦢🗡

Flashback

Athena was sat at the end of the pathway of the gingerbread house as she waited for Hansel and Gretel, who were stood near a window of the house. Hansel went to eat icing off the side of the house but Gretel stopped him, and she opened the window, allowing them to climb through.

 Hansel went to eat icing off the side of the house but Gretel stopped him, and she opened the window, allowing them to climb through

Inside the house, there was a large table filled with all kinds of different sweets.

"How can you be sure she's sleeping?" Hansel whispered.

"I can't. And remember what the Queen said? Not even a lick," Gretel whispered.

They looked at the Blind Witch who was asleep by the fireplace, when they saw the leather satchel hanging on the wall, "You're right. Look," Hansel whispered.

"And there's the satchel," Gretel whispered.

"What do you think is inside it?" Hansel whispered.

"Does it matter? All that matters is getting it to the Queen so she can find father," Gretel whispered.

Gretel walked over to the fireplace and went to grab the bag, while Hansel stayed behind the table of sweets and picked up a cupcake. Gretel removed the bag from the hook and when she turned around, she saw Hansel taking a bite out of the cupcake.

The Blind Witch awakened from her slumber, where there was a pile of bones lying at her feet. Hansel and Gretel ran for the exit, but the Blind Witch magically locked the door. They then tried to exit through the window, only for the witch to also lock it.

The Blind Witch sniffed the air and looked at them, "I smell dinner," The Blind Witch said.

End of Flashback

Elias and Emma walked into Mr Gold's pawnshop, finding him behind the counter polishing a lamp.

"Elias, Emma, how lovely to see you. I'm flattered you'd take time off your busy schedule for me. What can I do for you, Sheriff, Deputy?" Mr Gold asked.

Elias placed the compass on the counter in front of Mr Gold, "We're looking for information on this old compass. Any idea where it could've come from?" Elias asked.

Mr Gold picked up the compass, "Well, well. Look at the detail. You know, this is crystal. This jeweled setting...despite the rather unfortunate shape it's in, this is actually quite an unusual piece," he places the compass back down, "The person who owned this obviously had great taste," Mr Gold said.