- Chapter 1: Gringotts Bank -

Not Checked, Not Edited

- Harry's Pov -

After yet another beating from my so called uncle vernon because i didn't dust their framed pictures good enough i find myself in Dudley's second bedroom laying unmoving on the floor with pain radiating all over my body. I don't know why Dumbledore sends me back when i practically beg him every year not to because of the abuse and neglect i have suffered through all my life but he never freaking listens no-one ever listens. Especially after the whole triwizard tournament everyone either thinks i am crazy or that i killed Cedric which of course i didn't because i was knocked unconscious. Only to woke up with cut down my arm next to a dead Cedric with the triwizard cup infront of me which i used to get back to hogwarts thanks to it being a portkey. That day everything change with how i see everyone because i noticed Dumbledore being more secretive and the twinkle in his eyes grew brighter like what happened was giving him ideas so now my trust in the man is none existent. Professor Snape was acting strange and looking at me with eyes filled with concern before i left for the summer it's like he knew something that i didn't and it has left me worried and confused because why in merlins name would he be looking at me worriedly.

All summer inbetween beatings and chores i have been waiting for letters from Ron or Hermione but none have arrived not even one letter from Remus or Sirius. Awaiting those letters was the only thing that has kept me from giving up but now i can feel myself slowly feeling nothing and it's making me feel numb. I know that they are probably following one of Dumbledore's stupid orders but they could have at least tried to send me a letter. I know that Hermione will know a way to send me one without Dumbledore knowing because with all those books shes always reading she must know something about sending a letter under the radar. I have needed Ron and Hermione more then ever this summer because the abuse has gotten worse then it has ever been before and i'm afraid that Vernon will find worse ways to inflict pain on me even though he has already inflicted enough pain on me to traumatise me for life. I have also been feeling strange since the day i woke up from being unconscious it's like something is wrong with me but it also feels amazing like my magic is connected to whatever it is and i have not got the slightest clue what it could be. I want to ask for help but i have no idea who i can trust because i have a feeling half the people i trusted can't be trusted with this secret or can't be trusted with anything to do with my life anymore.

Suddenly i'm brought out my thoughts when i hear continuous tapping on the window knowing that noise can only be the noise of an owl i gather up all the energy my body has let to push myself of the floor then i stumble over to the window while trying not to double over in pain from all the new wounds i have. Once i finally get to the window i open it only for a black raven to fly in nearly colliding with my head and i watch as it perches on Hedwig's empty cage that's when i notice the letter attached to it's leg so i quickly take the letter off and give the raven one of Hedwig's treats then it flys away. I look down at the letter and see the gringotts bank crest on the front woth my name underneath it which confuses me because why would they be writing to me so before my mind comes up with some unwanted reasons i open the letter and read it.

Mr, Potter.

I am writing to inform you that we have been trying to contact you about your creature inheritance that doesn't show on the Potter family tree so we would like to preform some test sooner rather then later, please come as soon as possible.

This letter is a portkey please say the word 'Snake' and it will bring you to Gringotts bank where i will be waiting for your arrival.

Signed
Griphook

I stare down at the letter in shock and more confusion and without a second thought i close my eyes as i whisper snake and felt the familiar squeezed through a tube feeling that apparating gives off making my stomach churn. Suddenly without warning i feel the ground under my feet making me tumble forward to the floor and i couldn't hold back the groan of pain due to my unhealed wounds hitting the cold tiled floor. When the pain lessened just enough i stand up only to see Griphook stood beside me looking concerned just like all the other goblins that are stood behind their counters. I give all the other goblins a small smile trying to reassure them that im alright which doesn't look like it work because they look more concerned now for some reason.

"Mr Potter are you okay that was quite the tumble" Griphook asked worriedly

"I'm fine Griphook, i have felt worse pain" I said loudly and i whispered the last bit but Griphook must have heard me because his concern turned to anger

"Mr Potter we will talk about that once all the tests have been completed but for now please follow me if you can" He said softly now looking at me more concerned then angry

"Of course" I said politely

"I do not wish to be disturbed with Mr Potter so see to it that everyone knows" Griphook said the the closest goblin who nods at the authority behind Griphook's words

"Right away sir" The nearest goblin replied while looking at me softly

He turns around and starts to walk away so i quickly follow him trying to hold back groans of pain from the open cuts down the back of my legs. We go down so many dark hallways with doors that have many family names on them most of the names are familiar from students from school. Then Griphook stops at a door with Potter carved into it then he opens the door and ushers me inside which i do quickly not wanting to keep him waiting. He sits down behind a large desk and i sit on the seat opposite the desk while nervously fiddling with my fingers because i have a feeling that these test are going to uncover some lies and i have no idea why i have this feeling but it's to strong to ignore. Suddenly he pulls out a small dagger from under his desk and places and plan parchment infront of me with a small smile on his face like he is trying to reassure me that everything will be okay which i doubt because nothing in my life will ever be okay.

"Mr Potter before we discuss anything else could you please cut your finger and place seven drops on this parchment so wr can get the test underway" He said handing me a small sharp dagger

●🖤●🤍●🖤●🤍●