chapter one | senior year blues

◤°¤━━━¤°⎈°¤━━━¤° ◥
CHAPTER ONE!
senior year blues
◣°¤━━━¤°⎈°¤━━━¤° ◢

◤°¤━━━¤°⎈°¤━━━¤° ◥CHAPTER ONE!senior year blues◣°¤━━━¤°⎈°¤━━━¤° ◢

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

THE COOLNESS OF the clay on Jocelyn's face made her nose twitch as she scrunched it. A slap on her arm from her best friend had her forcing herself into a neutral expression. She wondered if Mackenzie would raise hell if she scratched her cheek like she's been wanting to since she put the stupid thing on.

"And how exactly is this going to enhance my senior year experience?" Jocelyn asked as she looked over at the girl she was currently sharing a bed with.

"If you must ask," Mackenzie said, clearly exasperated from Jocelyn's questioning, "it pulls the oils and toxins out of your face, and hopefully it pulls some of your sad negativity out."

Jocelyn laughed at Mackenzie's words as she sat up in the bed, looking at the small tv that was set up on her dresser against the wall facing her. Scandal was playing on her small device, the volume at a reasonable level but the girls weren't really paying attention to Kerry Washington's performance. Jocelyn herself was trying to work Mackenzie's latest crush out of her because she wanted to know how truly embarrassing it was.

"Okay, please promise you'll still be my friend after?" Mackenzie asked, now propping herself up to get into a kneeling position, "it's that bad."

"Mackenzie, the only crush I draw the line at is my deadbeat dad, and you know this," Jocelyn smiled and Mackenzie sighed, looking up at the ceiling with a silent prayer on her lips.

"Okayit'sFlashThompson," Mackenzie spoke quickly, but Jocelyn still heard her.

"Oh my god, Flash?" Jocelyn asked, "the jock that was tormenting the robotics club last week?"

"I know, he's so mean to the underclassmen but I sit next to him in English and he's always so sweet to me and, Jocelyn, honestly," Mackenzie looked deep into Jocelyn's eyes and grabbed her forearms, "after I started hanging out with him, he's been becoming nicer to the sophomores, I think he's making some progress."

"Don't tell me you can fix him," Jocelyn groaned as she pulled herself off the bed, "I promised not to judge you, so I won't, but he better start some community service before I even start to consider him good enough for you."

Mackenzie giggled and shook her head.

"I don't think he'll go for an art nerd like me, but it would be nice to fantasize about," Mackenzie fell back into the bed.