«Chapter 9»

The duo ventured in silence throughout the long Halls of the Palace. Upon reaching the door to the throne room, the two opened it up to see an ellon sitting upon a woodland throne.

Thranduil was his name, meaning 'Vigorous Spring' , for he was born during the beautiful spring in Doriath. Noble he was, his chin held high, like that of a Stag. Cool were his blue eyes, yet they were piercing, like that of swords. Fair was his hair, as if it was spun starlight. Noble he was in stature and noble he was in heart.

"Greetings, Ion-nin.." He greeted in a warm yet noble manner
"Greetings, Ada.." Legolas smiled "I heard that summoned me?"

"Ah yes... I had.." Thranduil replied "I would like to speak to you in private.."

With that, Feren knew it was time to leave. Bowing to the King, he then took his leave. Leaving only Legolas and Thranduil lingering in the throneroom.

"What do wish to speak to me about, Ada?" Legolas inquired

"It is about Tauriel's absence at the council..." Thranduil replied "for I feel that it was quite odd for her to be gone for so long.."

"Odd indeed..." Legolas said quietly "shall we have a search party scout for her?"

"I feel if she does not come back when it is night fall, then we shall release a search party.." Thranduil said

Legolas was about to respond , yet he was cut off by the throneroom door opening. Feren entered with a raven haired elleth walking beside him. She seemed to be holding a large parcel.

"My Lord!" Feren spoke "we have grave news!"

Upon hearing that, Thranduil turned his head to face the brown haired ellon.

"Speak" he commanded

"This elleth had claimed to witness Captain Tauriel fall from a cliff.." Feren explained "yet.. she says there was no body on the surface.. just her bow.."

Upon hearing those words, Legolas's heart froze. He suddenly felt numb, as if his fëa (spirit) left him.

"May I ask... what is your name?" Thranduil adressed the elleth.

"My name is Daewen , My lord.." The elleth responded softly

"Daewen.." Thranduil said "do you have any proof of this? The bow perhaps.."

"Yes, My lord.." Daewen responded "it is right here.."

With that, she unraveled the parcel to reveal Tauriel's bow. Thranduil's eyes widened in shock upon seeing the bow, for there was blood splattered on it. Blood suddenly drained out of Legolas's face.

"No...no.. please Valar, please let this be a dream.." Legolas thought