Chapter 57

Vivian's P

Vivian's P. O. V:

We all split up into groups to find the former council members in order to protect them and find out why they're being targeted.

I've been put in the same group as Gray and Juvia, my arms wrapped around the bluenette to keep from falling off, as she does the same to Gray, who is at the reins of the large jaguar animal we're riding. We were on our way to protect Master Hogg.

Gray tells us, "We're almost there."

I'm wearing a new outfit that's pink and green with cold shoulder long sleeves and a long, layered skirt, thigh high white boots and gloves. I have a white ribbon tying back my light chestnut brown hair.

 I have a white ribbon tying back my light chestnut brown hair

I murmur, "I hope we get there in time."

Suddenly, the animal we're riding stops and crouches down, seemingly in fear. Gray asks it, "Hey, what's the matter?" The jaguar whines in protest.

I ask, gazing at the jaguar, then back at my teammates, "What's wrong?"

With her brows furrowed, Juvia glances from the jaguar, then to the town, "I think she's afraid."

"Well, who knows what's waiting for us," Gray mutters, looking up at the town ahead.

"Whatever it is, it can't be good for us," I say, now feeling afraid.

                      🗡🗡🗡

"You found Master Hogg?" Master asks after Gray had set up the Communication Lacrima and contacted the guild hall.

Gray replies, tone filled with remorse and disappointment that we weren't fast enough, "We did, but Tartaros found him first."

"Just how late were we? And had the culprit left?"

I reply, "Late, and yes." My stomach churns at the memory of the destroyed town when Gray, Juvia and I had walked through it. "The culprit had already left before we'd got there."

"Such horrific destruction," Master gasps when we show him the state of the town.

We watch as the lacrima switches to Team Shadow Gear Who was with Gajeel and Pantherlily, hoping they'd had more luck than us. But, they'd had failed to get there in time, just like us. Though, from what we'd gathered, the Tartaros member who'd killed the woman they were sent to protect had left the town unharmed.