Letting Go

Selina leaned back against the column of the hotel, as she watched Bruce put his suitcase in the trunk of the taxi. She couldn't read how he was feeling through his actions or facial expressions. He just looked neutral, like he was doing what needed to be done. Selina was hoping she'd be able to crack him at least a little before he left.

Bruce looked over at Selina.

Selina slightly smiled at him.

With his luggage now in the car, Bruce walked over to Selina.

"This wasn't the goodbye I had planned," Bruce said. "But it's what's right."

Selina nodded. "I am really sorry, Bruce."

"Don't be." Bruce paused. "You...you gave me a lot to think about. And you were right. I don't know what I want to do as Bruce Wayne, but I do know what I want to do as Batman. Making you come along to help me figure that out wouldn't be fair to you."

Selina didn't say anything.

"As much as I would love to have you by my side everyday for the rest of my life..." Bruce sighed. "It just wouldn't feel right for me to expect you to change just for me. You are who you are and I am who I am."

Selina nodded. "Unfortunately, they don't go together the way you want."

Bruce chuckled. "We had good times and you taught me a lot, Selina."

"I agree." Selina paused. "Thank you for giving me someone to love."

Bruce smiled. "I should be thanking you."

Selina smiled back. She pulled Bruce in for a hug. Selina held onto Bruce, until she felt his arms move away from her. He needed this hug more than Selina did and she didn't want to take that away from him.

Moments later, Bruce pulled away and sighed. "I guess this is it."

Selina nodded. "Yeah."

"You think you'll ever come back to Gotham?"

"Maybe for a visit." Selina sighed. "But I like the idea of having a fresh start over here."

Bruce nodded. "Might just be the one thing you need."

Selina nodded.

"Well, I guess I'll see you when you visit."

Selina smiled. "Yeah."

Bruce walked over to the taxi, but stopped before getting in. He looked at Selina. "I hope everything for you and your mysterious person works out."

Selina chuckled. "Ivy."

"What?"

"The mysterious person is Ivy. She's helped me a lot since I came here."

Bruce nodded. "I'm glad you had...or have someone to help you."

Selina smiled. "Yeah."

"I wish you two the best."

"Thank you, Bruce."

Bruce smiled. "You're welcome." Bruce gave Selina one last wave before he got inside the taxi.

Selina watched as the taxi drove away, as her mind thought back on the memories she shared with Bruce. Memories she'd always have and hold in her heart, memories that helped her become who she is today, memories she's happy to share with Bruce Wayne.