Chapter 2

I'm kind of jealous because he's closer to my brother and gets to leave school. I want to leave too, but then again I had my chance when he was in his last year and I was in my first. He asked me if I wanted to leave school...without permission and I said no, but Collin and some of his friends took my place. I remember when Dan and I used to rely on each other when there was a problem, and the times we would fight about anything, sometimes violence would be used. I was always the boxing bag, I did fight back by biting, scratching and hair pull; but he could be me down and hanging his saliva out of his mouth to my face, sometimes it would get into my hair...it was just disgusting. After he went to high school and started keeping to himself only I knew what was really going on; the fights, drinking and more! I told him to stop doing it but he seems to ignore me and shut me out, if I wasn't such a goody-two-shoes maybe I would have been in that exact position. The playful fights were fun while it lasted, but now he's so 'Badass' he doesn't have time for 'games'. I don't really mind it anymore, and I can't tell him what to do I'm not his bloody mother, but if I really need his help then I know he will come and help me. He did tell me he stopped fighting and got on with his life and even got himself a job, however I'm not entirely sure what it is, but a job is a job so I'm not going to nag him anymore.

Paige came out and headed towards me, but I my focus was mainly on Collin wearing his leather jacket and stuffing his school blazer into his bag. For some reason my eyes could not be apart from him. I see him turning around and staring directly at me!  I pretend to be staring as my friend and not to notice his eyes glazing my way, and I began to smile as I see my friend finally reached in front of me. She takes a quick glance at Collin then at me, and brings out a wide grin on her face while her eyebrows go up and down. She looked like a creeper but a very good-looking one, if I must say so myself.

"Mr Carter, this is the last time" Mrs Smith our head teacher. She is usually calm but when it comes to Collin she automatically gets frustrated, only because he has done a lot of bad things. She rushes past me to get to Collin and Dan; everyone stopped to see what was going since it was better than going to class.

"You must attend to school, and stay till it is over and late for an exam...again! Collin Carter, you are very close to be expelled. Don't you care about your future? Mrs Smith questions.

"Are you done?"  Collin

Mrs Smith sigh, giving up on Collin and trying to help him, she looks up at Dan and shakes her head. "I can't help you anymore" She says then turns around and walks away.

"Well then, I'll see you tomorrow Smiths" Dan says. They both took off and everyone head to class; Mrs Smith looks at me and gives me a small smile "At least you stayed innocent". Then she walked off. She thought I was innocent, I guess compared to Dan, I am. Paige and I moved to science, and sat in our sits. Oh the joy, physics.

The bell rang and it was already the end of school, I had to stay behind for art with Logan my art buddy. We have been friends for two 2 year and also I have a crush on him, I can't really tell him because...I'm in the friend zone with him and as they say once you're in the friends zone there is no way out. That's a lie sometime it can happen if the other person also sees you more as a friend, but I know he doesn't like me in that way because he talks about other girls he likes to me.

Rachel who was in the same class for everything was drawing out with me for our final design for art, this year its surrealism. I do enjoy it, but not as much as Rachel, she can go overboard, special when it comes to scary and weird thing. She has a dark side to sometimes but when she starts drawing she takes it to the next level.

"Nina there is something I need to talk to you about, do you have a minute?" Logan asks me.

He took me by the hand, it was only me and Rachel in the room so I wasn't that bothered when he holds my hand. I wonder why he sounded so serious and taking me outside. Logan let go of my hand and took a step back.

"What is it?" I ask looking at him. I began to get worried, did something happen, was he hiding something, or did he do something he regrets. So much was running through my mind.

"I know you are freaking out in your head right..."

"I am not freaking out, just tell me" I interrupt. "Sorry continue"

"It's ok. Well I went to a party and saw Dan" He stopped.

"With Collin, I suppose."

"Yeah, well they got in a fight involving with knives" He took a step forward waiting for me to take in what he had told me.

I knew they got into fight at school, but with weapons. He told me he stopped, it makes sense now. The time I saw a deep cut in my brother's arm and banged wrapped around his hands. They were not accidents he had told me about, but a fights. I can't believe he didn't trust me enough to tell me this, he was happy enough to tell me about his friends, jobs, boxing fights and his relationships. He lied to me.

"You are going to hate me. I helped them out because they needed the help" he continued.

"Why would I hate you for that, you probably saved their lives" I say calmly, then walked over to give him a hug. He hugs me back tightly then let go taking another step back.

"They asked me to join them, which means I have to stay away from you" Logan explains.

Was it worth telling him what he is going to get into? The people he is going to meet and dangerous fights he's going to get involved. No, there was nothing I could say not even a good luck could come out; if he wants to do it then I'm not going to stop him. I'm not exactly angry at him right now, however Dan needs to do some explaining. I breathed in and walked off breathing out going to the art room and packing my thing.

 "Sorry Rachel I have to go" I say.

"I'm going too, so I'll see you tomorrow" She waved and began packing up.

I smile and walked out of the classroom and see Logan blocking my way, I shook my head and pushed him not too hard but enough to make him move. Then I walked to the main entrance to get out. I slowly walked home because the pavements were icy and it started snowing again so the roads were busy so I didn't want to walk on the the main road in case I get hit. I listened to my music hoping it would help me forget about the cold, and it did. I saw my home, but angry and I knew I was going to face Dan lying to very about his 'accident'. I opened the front door and first thing I notice was that there were many shoes on the floor. Mum and dad must have some friends over, so I decided to sneak upstairs but I was caught by dad, he didn't look cheerful as if something happened.

Unfortunately something bad had happen.